MTA:3/VC is dead? and is there a hope to return again?

Welcome all , well that is my first post in MTA forum , i was a fan of MTA VC, after these dead years , do you think it will return again or we have to be under VC:MP?

VCMP version now is 0.4 is being good , but have bad sync system if you wanted to compare it with any multiplayer mod, they use RakNet. Like SAMP.

So that topic is for :

• MTA III/VC  will return again?
  • Can MTA III/VC return again with another team of hobbyists?
  • Idea of Source Code has been discussed before alot of times. and the answer was to make another project, so that will be the last answer to the concept of releasing the source code of MTA III/VC?
  • if MTA III/VC will return again so it will be written from scratch?
  • MTA III/VC stills in people hearts in minds?

and i hope that we have good discussion here and not to be ignored :D 

• Like 1
  • MTA Team

We gave the source code to GTA3MTA 0.5 and MTA:VC 0.5 to a third party group quiiiiiite a while ago, so they are the ones interested in continuing the development for these mods. You can find some information about them here:

and maybe you can find some development builds on their website: http://www.projectredivivus.com/

As for doing an actual proper reboot for those mods from our side, you have to keep in mind a bunch of things:

• age of these games and potential userbase for multiplayer mods for them
    • GTA3 is 15 years old and VC is 14 years old
    • both games are no longer supported by original developers and have some compatibility problems on newer PCs
    • newer titles exist which are supported and do contain multiplayer components out of the box
  • popularity of MTA:SA and our current dev manpower capabilities
    • we are quite understaffed at this point so taking on more projects is simply impossible for us - our current mod would suffer because of that, and we could not provide the proper level of quality for other projects either
  • MTA:SA source code is almost completely freely available to anyone to view and modify
    • this means that anyone can try to adapt it for GTA3 and VC, which should be possible to do - we would surely welcome that and maybe provide some minor assistance for it (eg. work on the closed-source parts of the mod to make it work)

Because of that, it is unlikely that you will see a new official GTA3MTA/MTAVC feature/content release from us in the future (unless, like I have mentioned above, someone tries to adapt MTA:SA to older games - unfortunately there were no signs of that happening so far).

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 29/07/2017 at 22:37, Zeyad_Ahmed said:

• MTA III/VC stills in people hearts in minds?

2003-2006 is what I believe was the golden generation in MTA's history. A lot of us vets reminisce about the old times but they aren't coming back.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey!

Zeyad Ahmed! I know you from LW's! We have a MTA:VC server  /0.4.1/ in Hungary. We use mods, and now i work on 2017 version bug fixes.

I use Project Redivivus 0.6 Nightly .scm with some fixes. We've been working since 2010.

Hey Zerb!

You said: "golden generation".

My old friend Jano is play with us on Hungarian server. He was an old FMJ member. [FMJ]Jano

I have all scripts from the past. / Created by OLi and Aeron / I have a MACK version too! 

Now we cant use this scripts cause it writed on 0.5.

Script features:

https://pastebin.com/ymMTkrnE

https://pastebin.com/GswJV994

Manhunt.mrc

mta.area.mrc

Scripts.mrc

Dodo.mrc

DB.mrc

CTW.mrc

Admin-System.mrc 

Full of FMJ scripts i have:

FMJdm.mrc

FMJrpg.mrc

cw.alias.txt

cw.getip.ini

cw.teams.ini

cw.options.ini

clanwar.mrc

cw.commands.ini

clanwars.ini

clanwar.dll

"Kopia FMJdm.mrc" 

FMJ Dm files and RPG files too

Did you know "Babybot" ? :)

;//////////////////////////////////////////
;/// FULL METAL JACKET - PURE DM SCRIPT ///
;///          BY [FMJ]MASTER            ///
;///    FOR USE ONLY WITH FMJ SERVERS   ///
alias fmj.botname !return [FMJ]BabyBot
alias fmj.dir !return $scriptdir $+ DMfiles/
alias fmj.dmver !return 2.5
alias fmj.server {
  if ($prop == ip) !return %fmj.server.ip [ $+ [ $1 ] ]
  elseif ($prop == port) !return %fmj.server.cport [ $+ [ $1 ] ]
  elseif ($prop == out) !return $+($mta.server($1).ip,_,$iif(%fmj.server.port [ $+ [ $1 ] ] > 4000,$v1,4015))
  else {
    if ($mta.server($1) == 127.0.0.1:4003) !return $true
    elseif ($mta.server($1) == 127.0.0.1:4003) !return $true
    else !return $false

If you want to talk me, you find me on LW's. My name is there: Zool / my forum name is Abri /

Sorry for my bad words :)

Anybody need this scripts, just write me! ;-)

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

My apologies guys. I was subscribed to new topics in this forum, but apparently the software change for the forum itself removed that. I didn't realize anyone was posting!

As for Project Redivivus, yes. We are still trying to continue things. Unfortunately our only remaining Developer is on a hiatus due to real-life complications, and finding coders is incredibly difficult. If we can find capable, knowledgeable users that can program in C++, I would absolutely love to get the ball rolling again.

For those of you wondering, the plans for MTA 0.6 were mainly to continue updates to the modification line on that core, (codenamed Green Core), while eventually making it properly open-sourced. Unfortunately due to a heavy lack of publicized information, very little help from the original programmers, (most of which are no longer actively involved in MTA, or can't remember what it was they worked on), and a VERY confusing, hacky codebase that we have literally spent years trying to clean up, this has proven difficult. The plans for this core are intentional, as we want to not only open-source the modification properly for historical purposes, but also to give the users something to play while the Blue Core version is worked on.

Now for the other goal involving the Blue Core, (which is the core MTA:SA uses, that was originally meant to be for a future build of MTA:VC many years ago that was never released). Our plan here is to port the Blue Core backwards from MTA:SA into GTA3:MTA and MTA:VC respectively through a complete codebase rewrite. (Think fresh start for GTA3:MTA and MTA:VC using MTA:SA's existing, but stripped-down base).

Ideally down the road, we would like to also work with the MTA:SA team to be able to set up the code-base to accept patches for all three games properly so that changes to MTA:SA's version would also apply to the other two games as intended. (This is something that would be much later in the future, however). This in itself has its own obvious difficulties, with the biggest obstacle being that GTA III and GTA:VC use DirectX 8, whereas GTA:SA uses DirectX 9. That being said, Jack Powell at GTA:Connected recently found a way to upscale GTA III and GTA:VC to DirectX 9 for his multiplayer modification to support all three games without modifying any actual game files, so there is still hope that the same idea could be done with the Blue Core for GTA3:MTA and MTA:VC.

We are in desperate need of able, trustworthy, and interested programmers. Please, if you want to help out and fit this category, come forward! We also don't mind working with other teams from other GTA multiplayer mods so long as nothing is leaked that shouldn't be, and there is a mutual cooperation/friendliness present.