RPG-Gamemode

This is a very large 'design' for a good RPG styled gamemode, and actually, any mode i guess since they are all build in. I have absolutely no idea if its possible or not, but i am confident this team is able to create the best GTA experience ever (perhaps without even looking at my idea's), but i had time so here is my perfect view of a RPG-GTA-World..

Team's

Red -- Some Fancy Gangname - - HomeBase LS

Blue -- Some Fancy Gangname -- HomeBase SF

Green --Some Fancy Gangname -- HomeBase LV

Solo -- No 'Gangname' -- No Homebase, Spawnpoint all small villages too choose from

Police -- For some reason this is not a logical choice, it should be NPC's IF there can be police, it would be alot of fun to pop some cops with your mates. Playng as a cop gives you huge advantages (heavy vehicles, npc allies(?), and just, ur the law, i doubt anyone would obey it tho) So, Human Police is fun, but only joinable as police Admin.

Each 'Team' can spawn on their own Island at their own homebase. At the homebase special ability's like the CarSpawning system can be done. You can join a team by being accepted by the teamleader. If you aint being accepted you can get in by more then 50% of YES votes from that gang. You can also go solo, but you cannot take a class, only the 'All-Round' class and will spawn in one of the little villages. You'll will BE see-able on the map, so you make good target practice for the team's.. watch out.

Each gangbase CAN be attacked by another Gang, only each gangbase has stational miniguns (Like zero's RC Shooting Mission) to rifle down any attacker. When another gang takes the homebase (Get to the spawnpoint in the gangbase and keep it for 3 minutes) the gangbase shall be taken and the takens gang can spawn somewhere else in their own city to try and take back their Base. The takentimer is on 15 minutes, if a gang is without base for 15 minutes the atacking gangattackers in their base will be teleported to their own homebase and the own gang can spawn again there, having back their base.

Player Type (With Unique Names In Each Team, Same Abilities and Weapons)

Gunman -- Uzi, Mp5, Ak-47 a/o Fancy MachineGunz -- 'Hitman'-Skilled, Ability to Shoot out Of Windows as Driver

Assasin -- Silenced Gun, Sniper, Knife -- Hidden off The Map, Cloacking Ability when not shooting (30 seconds cloacking, 2 minutes and 30 seconds recharging)

Rocketeer -- Pistol, Grenades, Rocketlauncher -- Only type that can wield a Rocketlauncher, can bring down tanks and aeroplanes in a couple of blasts (homing missles possible)

Driver -- Pistol, Uzi -- Ability to Vehicle Spawning at HomeBase (Limit on each Type of Cars out there, f.e. 2 Tanks MAX)

Medic -- Pistol, Uzi -- Ability to spawn an medpack and armor every minute.

Supplier -- Pistol, Uzi -- Ability to spawn a bulletcrate every minute.

All-Round -- Custom Weaponchoice (No Rocketlauncher) -- No Special's, Only Custom Weaponchoice.

No-Violence Games

Skydiving - You will need a driver to spawn parachutes (if you plan to use them) and fly the plane. The Driver can jump too (plane will crash)

Biljart (Pool) - Erm .. read it somewhere? Not really needed, but small games like this are fun

Poker - Erm .. read it somewhere? Not really needed, but small games like this are fun

Basketball - Score Points and Win :P

Any type of mini-games are usually fun, which can be found in SA. If all of them could be implanted, that would be alot of fun!

Earning Money

BankRobber - Take out the guards, and rob the bank w/ your teammates. Each gets an equal cut of the profit!

Streetracing - The Admin could turn a streetrace on, you can participate in it and try to win the price money

Area 61 - Break into Area 61 and steal that jetpack! Then get back to your homebase and collect the money and devide it under your gang participants.

More to make up ..

You can buy weapons (if avaidible for your class) and play gamble games etc with it.

Admins - 3 Different levels of Admin should be access-able

Level 1 - Administrator

Activate Moneygames (BankRobbing etc..)

Activate Racing (Streetrace, Countryracer etc..)

Activate Gametypes (Read Build-In-GameTypes)

Hide a moneystash (CashBonus for lucky finder, admins cannot take it themselfs, its lame to tell your friends where it is after placing it btw)

Kick Player

Ban Player

Join PoliceForce

Punish Player (Force him into Spectate to 'think' about his actions :P)

Level 2 - Moderator

Activate Racing (Streetrace, Countryracer etc..)

Activate Gametypes (Read Build-In-GameTypes)

Kick Player

Ban Player

Join PoliceForce

Level 3 - Overseer

Kick Player

Join PoliceForce

Read Build-In-GameTypes (A player CAN join but does NOT have too)

Deathmatch (Select an Area f.e. LS)

StuntMode (Spawning the planes/vehicles and do the 'ordinary' stunt thingy

Survival (Select a player to be hunted (Teleported to Desert, and all the other players will hunt on this person, only players that accepted the challenge can hurt the 'Runner'. All participants will be teleported to their hometowns.)

Capture the Flag (Duuhhh, 2 'new' teams with each its own flag to defend and obtain)

JailBreak (Please Read http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=193356&st=4 'first' post)

SkyDive Challenge (Get Airborne and get dropped (Computer Control for good drop positions) and try to land as close to the marker as possible)

Assasin Mode - All gangs get the same opportunity by an Unkown ordergiver, to assasinate an NPC target. Whoever gets the killing shot in must return to their gangbase and collect the money of the assasination. Assasins can attack assasins, if an assasin dies he is out of this Assasin Match. Assasins can only do the actually NPC Killing, so help of others is very handy (Gunman to rifle down other assasins f.e. and medic to heal that assasin). Everyone can play as an Assasin, their is no gang Assasin limit. ( Based upon suggestion )

Feel Free to improve anything on my 'design', i hope the team and the visitors like the idea and perhaps even use it oO, we'll see.

(btw i do not expect something as huge as this on a initial release, but it would be great to have this as a final product)

Edit - Updated 25/6 2005

- Deathspike

Edited by Guest
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do like this idea, its just that you'll need to do it with the help of your friends too.

Thats where teamplay comes in :P, playing in a team is much more fun then going solo, honestly, whats better fun?

1) Doing a driveby with an uzi

2) Doing a driveby with 3 mates in the back shooting outta the windows.

The 'class'-system is an old system, but very effective in teamplay :-). It would make the game with limitless possibilities when you and your team can get enough challenges, and offcourse, war. Also, free roaming, fun activities and such could be done. (skydiving, yay)

Updated 25/6 2005

It would be fun if its possible to save your online progress on both server and clientside (they must match in order to avoid cheating), you should be able to register your nickname on the server so none else can use it. If you'd choose f.e. a gunner you could train your weapon skills, muscle etc and go on with it the next time you play on that server. (train that weaponskill :P)

Being able to save your appearance should be possible though (clientside), nothing to cheat about that, only looking cool :P

This however forces to have people play on the same server every time... so i would suggest to get maxed out weaponskills on the weapons you get / choose with the class you have selected. Select a gunner, have those things maxed out. Driver gets maxed vehicle controls (others do not)

@ Driver - If driver would get more weapons he would be able to match attack power of Gunner, and still have vehicle skills and vehicle spawning, making him an too overpowered type. The driver can shoot out of vehicles with his maxed uzi skill though so thats his attack power.

Well thats hardly suprising, this isn't a programing forum. Equally, there aren't exactly many programmers on steampowered.com's forums, but theres a lot of mods for Half-life and Half-life 2.

actually, i dont know really if you can count that as an rpg, thats more like, "siege" mode, if you have to conquer the enemies hq or smth. rpg's meaning is that people play as in normal people, if someone wants, they can make a gang, choose theyre own colours, pick who they invite in, or someone owns a betting shop or joins the army, makes a boat fixing shop, you really cant fix boats but thats what rp is really about.

although i did like games things like you can play basketball and stuff.

i will not say what i think bout em :roll: , i hate when i connect a server, kill some ppl and then i found omg its fukking rpg server, no killing, pfff, if the 'rpg' players dont know how to play they should play on pasworded servers, period, peace, kthxbye.

The only problem is, we CANT or it should be so damn easy that a 5-year old kid who never seen a keyboard and gets friggin scared of a monitor can do it!

That is asking a bit much... if you want something then you should really put some effort in to be able to get it.. be that effort learning some c++ or whatever. We will make it easy as possible to make mods using blue.. but that doesn't mean it will be VERY easy to do. I can guarentee you it will be harder than making a script for MTA:mA for example.

yea, thank god there is no rpg in ut, phew, praise the lord, actually, playing rpg in a game which was designed to be an action-game is kinda.. erm.. weird?

Yeah, just like playing multiplayer in a game designed to be single player only :roll: