MTA crashing on "start playing with yourself"

zezitos1

Question

So, I've looked for help in another server/community, whatever... they've done everything they could and I've tried everything, still not working. I'll leave here the same message I've put there and the pastebin I got from MTADiag

So, basically, today I woke up, took a shower and then went to PC to play MTA (CIT2) etc... when I clicked MTA icon it kept like this( you will see in the vid ) I already uninstalled and installed MTA and GTA:SA. It didn't work. Could any1 pls help me? You can also see in the vid that I rejected opening a browser with the help things, etc... but after the vid I clicked yes and it didnt open the browser.

Video: 

Thanks.

Pastebin: https://pastebin.mtasa.com/422605837

9 answers to this question

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team

Delete the countless d3dx9_**.dll files from your GTA SA install directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto San Andreas) and restore gta_sa.exe to default, it seems something has tampered with it recently. Also there is a 6mb gta-sa.exe, did you try to change the launcher recently or rename one to put back the current launcher?

As it's still the 1.0 US launcher with correct filesize but the hash differs, it can very well be a virus or malware tampered with the file. I advice a full system scan.

Also, what happens if you re-install with this version? https://nightly.multitheftauto.com/?mtasa-1.5-rc-latest 

@zezitos1

• Like 1
On 11/08/2017 at 18:41, Dutchman101 said:

Delete the countless d3dx9_**.dll files from your GTA SA install directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto San Andreas) and restore gta_sa.exe to default, it seems something has tampered with it recently. Also there is a 6mb gta-sa.exe, did you try to change the launcher recently or rename one to put back the current launcher?

As it's still the 1.0 US launcher with correct filesize but the hash differs, it can very well be a virus or malware tampered with the file. I advice a full system scan.

Also, what happens if you re-install with this version? https://nightly.multitheftauto.com/?mtasa-1.5-rc-latest 

@zezitos1

all d3dx9 files delected years ago. Got a new version of gta_se.exe from a friend that can actually run MTA. Couldn't find that 6mb gta-sa.exe.
Nothing found in the system scan related to GTA, etc.
Can't even install that nightly version.

I appreciate but seems like not working yet.

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team
2 hours ago, zezitos1 said:

all d3dx9 files delected years ago. Got a new version of gta_se.exe from a friend that can actually run MTA. Couldn't find that 6mb gta-sa.exe.

The mentioned files are there according to your MTADiag log, you're either not looking in the right place or something is actually hiding files from your sight in Explorer, which would indicate a severe infection. (show me a screenshot of the GTA installation directory)

Also.. I didn't ask you to only look for GTA-related detections with the virus scan, and this answer lets me suspect you didn't really run a full scan but just assume there's nothing to be found.

You said you cannot even install that nightly, please tell me why, show a screenshot of any error coming up when you try to install it.

Also I noticed your MTA is hanging with exit code 0x80070005, which means Access denied. I think GTA or MTA files have the wrong permissions set so MTA cannot access essential files, leading to your problem, so please go to C:\Program Files (x86) and rightclick MTA San Andreas 1.5 folder, > properties > security, go to the 'Users' group and select Full access/control so it ticks all permission boxes, now do the same for your user's account name in that list if it's there and click 'Apply' & close the security tab.

After that, try installing the nightly again (as access errors can also prevent it from writing files to install dir and that could explain the second problem with installer).

42 minutes ago, Dutchman101 said:

The mentioned files are there according to your MTADiag log, you're either not looking in the right place or something is actually hiding files from your sight in Explorer, which would indicate a severe infection. (show me a screenshot of the GTA installation directory)

Also.. I didn't ask you to only look for GTA-related detections with the virus scan, and this answer lets me suspect you didn't really run a full scan but just assume there's nothing to be found.

You said you cannot even install that nightly, please tell me why, show a screenshot of any error coming up when you try to install it.

Also I noticed your MTA is hanging with exit code 0x80070005, which means Access denied. I think GTA or MTA files have the wrong permissions set so MTA cannot access essential files, leading to your problem, so please go to C:\Program Files (x86) and rightclick MTA San Andreas 1.5 folder, > properties > security, go to the 'Users' group and select Full access/control so it ticks all permission boxes, now do the same for your user's account name in that list if it's there and click 'Apply' & close the security tab.

After that, try installing the nightly again (as access errors can also prevent it from writing files to install dir and that could explain the second problem with installer).

I did scan the whole computer. You can see it by this print -> https://prnt.sc/g0puo5
Here's a screenshot of my GTA folder -> http://prntscr.com/g7df4f
I had all permission boxes ticked already for MTA for full acess/control. I tried to untick and tick again, still not working. By doing this I was able to install the nightly version. But still not working.

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team

There's something weird going on, are you sure that is your own MTADiag log? (please generate a new one tho)

Some files are noticably different, your screenshot both doesn't have the files I read from the log nor does the log show files (like DINPUT8.dll) that you have in the screenshot.

I think..

1) we're looking at a log for a different PC

2) you have a duplicate GTA installation (steamapps path I earlier mentioned and the location from your screenshot). If this is the case, who knows MTA is trying to launch from the wrong installation dir (which means 1 of the 2 GTA installs is corrupted).

3) once again, viruses have the ability to conceal files, making them invisible, and your Antivirus (AVG) may fail to detect some (or recent) threats.

Please tell me the full path of the folder you got a printscreen from (location), and as I said generate a fresh MTADiag log.

@zezitos1

1 hour ago, Dutchman101 said:

There's something weird going on, are you sure that is your own MTADiag log? (please generate a new one tho)

Some files are noticably different, your screenshot both doesn't have the files I read from the log nor does the log show files (like DINPUT8.dll) that you have in the screenshot.

I think..

1) we're looking at a log for a different PC

2) you have a duplicate GTA installation (steamapps path I earlier mentioned and the location from your screenshot). If this is the case, who knows MTA is trying to launch from the wrong installation dir (which means 1 of the 2 GTA installs is corrupted).

3) once again, viruses have the ability to conceal files, making them invisible, and your Antivirus (AVG) may fail to detect some (or recent) threats.

Please tell me the full path of the folder you got a printscreen from (location), and as I said generate a fresh MTADiag log.

@zezitos1

well it is my MTADiag log. However it is the one I made before downloading my friend's GTA version, etc... would u like me to do a new one? And I used to have 2 GTAs, 1 by steam and other in program files... I deleted both and installed my friend's GTA folder, etc... ( to see if it would work, you know? )

BTW, I finished doing what you said in the PM and still not working :/

Edited by zezitos1
  • MTA Anti-Cheat Team
6 hours ago, zezitos1 said:

well it is my MTADiag log. However it is the one I made before downloading my friend's GTA version, etc... would u like me to do a new one? And I used to have 2 GTAs, 1 by steam and other in program files... I deleted both and installed my friend's GTA folder, etc... ( to see if it would work, you know? )

BTW, I finished doing what you said in the PM and still not working :/

Please follow all of my instructions. Once again, MTA is trying to launch from a location you haven't shown me printscreens of. 

Also, it's trying to use the GTA installation where all those d3dx9_**.dll files are still located in, and for which I asked you to take a few steps in (my first reply). So the files I first asked you to delete, are in the GTA SA folder that MTA is trying to use; try to delete them, or otherwise point MTA to use your second install.

As you said "I used to have 2 GTA folders''.. I suspect, as both clearly still exist, you broke one of them (steamapps one) by *thinking* you deleted it but only partially, and then for some reason MTA started using the steamapps install folder again (as you said it suddenly didnt work anymore). You also said those d3dx9_**.dll files were deleted ''years'' ago, proving you likely don't know of the remaining existence of that old GTA folder, while MTA does.

Easy solution: run the MTA installer again, but this time change the GTA installation dir it automatically fills in (to Steamapps..) and paste the folder you took a printscreen of that you showed in this topic, only then click Next and proceed with the install.

In less words: you are convinced you just got 1 GTA installation folder left, but there's another one, (as proven by your MTADiag log/versus screenshot of directory) that you don't know traces of are left (and therefore likely corrupted GTA install) that MTA is trying to launch from, causing your issues.