Trying to open ports

Hello there

I am using a connection via USB Tethering from my android phone. I cant access to the default gateway IP address, either it is taking too long to respond or it says the ip refused to connect. So I tried port forwarding by my phone using Port Forwarder app. Still I had no luck. I tried resetting my LAN properties and everything else I saw on google.. But no matter how much I try I can't find the right solution. So I would really appreciate your help if you could help me find a way to open ports by USB Tethering or via Hotspot. I would be really thankful. If you need any more details please reply.. I am working on it to make a test server for mapping with my friends.

• 2 weeks later...

Cell Phones don't run on a stable dynamic/static network. Each time your phone pings a new Cellular Tower, the IP can be reset and ports reclosed. I do not recommend using a cellular devices (Android or iPhone) to run a server, not to mention it's a pain when it comes to tethering as your bill will be much higher than if you were to use your Wifi.

If you are looking for a Mapping Server to map with your friends, I will rent you some space on my dedicated server for it ($5USD/month) if that would help. Contact me on Skype: Cynergetic or VIA Forum PM