MTA:mA / GRS on Linux?

Jani

obviously GRS/MTAmA only runs off windows because it requires mIRC, but a while ago in irc (before i was banned) i heard oli saying to aeron that he could make GRS function without MTAmA, so i wondered if it would be possible to compile either/both to work on linux?

obviously GRS/MTAmA only runs off windows because it requires mIRC, but a while ago in irc (before i was banned) i heard oli saying to aeron that he could make GRS function without MTAmA, so i wondered if it would be possible to compile either/both to work on linux?

*sigh*

MTA:mA on linux is imposible..

mirc = win32

linux != win32

so MTA:mA goes NEVER EVERY F*CKING WAY ON LINUX.

Instead make the question: "Is there a scripting admin tool possible for linux?" instead of: "When come MTA:mA on linux?"

Jani: i said that to aeron as a joke.. only way to do it would be to make a program which connects to admin of MTA and then hardcode in the GRS stuff to the program

Are there any plans to code GRS functions into a DLL or something so that mod makers can call the functions for their Blue mods? I'd imagine that would benefit a lot of people.

im gettin pretty far on a php-cli scriptable admin client.. =D... (PHP-CLI runs in a dos box, on any php-compatible OS)... im almost done =D... i just got the playerlist done.... =D =D =D (its really simple now, all the MTA info given to scripts.php is the raw packet, the users ID, and their name, but it does have all the fancy PHP features, like ez mysql access)

Like the one in mIRC? Those php admins are cool (running one atm, not public, tnx to Oli :P)

But to be ontopic:

It certainly IS possible to run mIRC and it scipts under linux... but it isnt easy to run it in wine, with all dll's right in place. But i've ran mtama 2.x under Linux for about a year, so it is possible.

Errr... i deleted the MTA server i was running, and the script as well :/ The running atm was not really the point, cause i deleted it a few weeks ago, but i was really running something, and it worked kinda nice

And i forgot to back it up, so i kinda lost it...