MTAMA in Blue?

robbiemcm

I searched for this and couldn't find anything useful. I was just wondering whether you'll have MTAMA in Blue. It seems alot easier to grasp the concept of than other scripting. After looking at it for a couple of minutes I already understand the basic functions and such. It seems like it would be quite easy to get working, so I thought I'd ask three questions.

1. Do you think MTAMA will be in Blue?

2. Do you type these commands in the game, or do you have to go out of the game to do it?

3. Can you use MTAMA to control a LAN server aswell?

Theres a huge difference between admining a server and creating mods for MTA. There could be some overlap but thats up to the mod as the mod will define what capabilities the admin has - entirely. It'd be possible to create MTAMA for Blue, but some much of what MTAMA tries to do (i.e. create game modes), can be done in substatially better ways. Blue offers the ability to do whatever you want with GTA, so for example, client prediction is possble - somthing a server based mod could never do. Either way, I'm sure MTAMA will exist for Blue, otherwise Aeron would have nothing to do, but it will probably be in a different form or require a total rewrite.

Anyone who has scripted with mIRC should be able to go into one of our sample mods and mess around and see how it works. Its not a case that you'll have to go and learn C++ back to front, you'll just have to work out how to use it. We hope that there will be lots of examples & snippits avaliable too.

The admin interface will be open and acessable in many ways - hopefully this will prompt the development of all sorts of interesting admin tools or systems.

We shall see...

oww aeron... im use to irc scripting now, don't wanna go to c++ and all that stuff :shock:

u can do so much more in C++....but still i reckon mIRC is easy to script, rather than spending a month learning C++...will get boring :P

its even harder to make a addon reading mIRC scripts.

and eai, i must ask about the admin....

the acual MTAServeradmin.exe in blue will include?...

what would be some example options, new, exciting.

or, give me something to cling to....

i assume its possible to add new admin=>addon stuff, like..for example.

if you wanted, you could make the addon accept custom admin packets (as well as the clients, as mentioned before.)

I think I might just try learning C++ how hard can it be? :oops:

I would want an add-on that allowed for some different admin commands. Fore example, something like a telemarker that could store up to 3 points or something, just type it as you're walking around /telemarker 2 or something then /tele playername marker2 or the like. It'd be really useful if for example you had the whole map open, and you were using a specific area at that time, but still moving around. So you could make sure everyone's in the same area. I dunno, like different stunts, if the spawn location wasn't where you wanted it you could teleport them to where you made the marker, then spawn them a bike or something :) And if people get out of line, sometimes kicking them isn't good enough. If you could 'empower' yourself and get all guns, even just briefly while you get rid of such a person, that would be awesome.

That's what I'd do if I knew how to program in C++, but some of it might be hard/unreasonable.

just type it as you're walking around /telemarker 2 or something then /tele playername marker2 or the like.

It's strange that people are encouraging typing commands in Blue when Blue offers more ways of interfacing options and commands with the game by adding your own GUI over the top. Chat commands are only used now because there's no real alternative.

If typing commands was so popular, we'd all still be using DOS.

Admin is handled entirely differently in blue, in a way much more akin to other online multiplayer games. As I've said, mods will have complete control over admin commands. I do not advise you to think of creating mods specifically for admining - create mods for gameplay and allow advanced admin capabilities if you want. Each server can only load one mod (currently).

• 2 months later...

so for an example here (and correct me if im wrong) you could have something like CSS has, where, if per say youre having a team play mod or something (skins = teams, w/e). then if one commits a TK(teamkill) you could have an option to set them on fire, and actually make the player set on fire? (animations included).

will that be a type of mod possible with the system, or am i in a cloud too far past 9? :P

just type it as you're walking around /telemarker 2 or something then /tele playername marker2 or the like.

It's strange that people are encouraging typing commands in Blue when Blue offers more ways of interfacing options and commands with the game by adding your own GUI over the top. Chat commands are only used now because there's no real alternative.

If typing commands was so popular, we'd all still be using DOS.

Oh sorry to say john but u really need to start playing some games cause "all work and no play makes john a dull boy" How?- Well i dont know if u have ever been an admin of any other game before in ur life . Cause if u have played either CSS, COD , UO , Bf2 , Wolfet etcc. etcc. They can be administered in the game via "COMMANDS" And not GUI. So if you call those games as DOS games is ridiculous , just cause u neeed to type commands to admin a server or even u have to press "T" to talk almost everywhere.

Unless u were talking about making BLUE something like SexVilla Game or Simcity type of Game , which use GUI and not Commands. So, blue will be something like that with such sort of GUI ??

And dude those games which need typo commands are not DOS games. No Dos Games Uses commands . Only Police by Sierra i played used to have commands , but other games like Invader never used commands. So dont call games that need typing of commands as DOS GAMES.

I don't quite understand what part of that offended you and why, but if Blue has access to GUI functions, why not make use of them? Ok, for certain features this will be impractical as you stated (although I didn't specifically mention admin functions).

You completely missed my point regarding DOS. I did not mention DOS games at all, I said that if typing commands is so great, why does the majority of the world use Windows instead of something like DOS where you have to type every command?

No no who said i was offended , all i was saying is that games still use commands which are typed ,and it wont really hurt if blue had those commands. Gui would be probably better but i seen gui of mta admin and it aint worth spending time on. Cause everytime u wana kick someone out of game using that gui based admin system u end up kicking urself off the server. So if gui will be something like that , its better to stick with commands.

• 2 weeks later...

alternativly, you could write your own admin\admin+ program :P

i kinda like the idea of GUI tho to be honest, ingame, a GUI system (details i wont go into cause ive got it planned for gtas :D)

but still, basic idea, you point at a user ingame, their name shows (kinda like in AA\CS:S) .. and maybe if youre an admin you get a special GUI list\menu.

would save a hell of alot of time checking cheaters if youre in game, etc.

and the '!', or whatever commands (mIRC or '/' commands) i think would be good for maybe out of game.

just my ideas and opinions tho 8)