Should free-aiming for drivers be allowed in MTA:SA?

Guest NamelessPlayer

Should free-aiming for drivers be allowed?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Should free-aiming for drivers be allowed?

• Definitely! I think it balances out the vehicles more, since you're not just limited to shooting from the sides.
    • Hell no! Vehicles are unbalanced enough as is!
    • I really don't care either way.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was actually the advantage of carkillers. MTA made it that the car wouldn't blow up, but only catch fire so they could run away. Its only fair that they allow explosions when shooting at cars.

Idd, that's good, but it needs a lot of testing first, but it's a good sollution if you ask me :wink:

• 1 year later...

That's an interesting point, have the free-aim drivebys been enabled for helicopters too? Would make piloting slightly trickyer but thats no bad thing with the pathetic handling they gave them in SA.

(Don't bump threads kids! even though I just bumped this one a bit)

I voted no.

Its like cheating, since it IS a cheat in single player.

If you want to shoot while in a car, you need to do a drive by which takes more skill and patients.

If you want to pinpoint shots, then you need to group up with your homies and they can free aim.

If there is free aim as a driver then EVERYBODY is gonna be in cars, it will be the ultimate weapon.

If you want to shoot while in a car, you need to do a drive by which takes more skill and patients.

Actually it takes practically no skill, it autoaims and has a massive rate of fire and therefore rate of damage.

If you want to pinpoint shots, then you need to group up with your homies and they can free aim.

Free aim is a lot harder to get on target, especially if the vehicle is moving.

If there is free aim as a driver then EVERYBODY is gonna be in cars, it will be the ultimate weapon.

Free aim is far far less powerful than sideways driveby, its innacurate and very slow firing so isn't any kind of ultimate weapon by any stretch of the imagination.

All these and more are why Free aim for drivers is ALREADY IN!

My question is does that stretch to the heli's too?

But think of trying to fly a heli and, not just aiming, but getting the view to where you can see, since free aim always stays looking the same direction whenever the vehicle moves.

But in cars it'd be very useful and a lot better than the sideways driveby. since I already move the camera around when driving in the car. but with a heli it would be hard and annoying.

'Look out for the building" *boom*

'I didn't see it! :O'

Would you like that to happen? And I think it would look visually goofy. You'd be shooting through the interior of the heli for shooting the right because of the height of the helicopter itself. The heli is one place I don't need to drive-by in.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that free aim should be enabled, only while holding the right mouse button to aim, and that the driver cannot actually drive while free aimming just to balance it out a little more.

The side drive by is way more powerful than the free aim especially with people with mp5's which deal a lot of damage, so free aim shouldnt be much of a problem. The only to counter this where there is no hiding place is to steal their car if your close enough and drive by them as a punishment for drive bying.

The only weapons that should be allowed for drivebying are pistols, ingrams, and smg's.

That's some bad news... What about boat drive-by?

There cannot be passengers on boats, then, passengers must hang on the boat and shot, but sometimes lag and bad Sync made to see them flying over the water and not in the boat, and then, enemys cannot be shot by them because the dont see not shots and only a flying guy over the water!, this is really weird, i hope to not see this in MTA DM :wink:

Car Dry-By is enough for me, at least, driver driveby allways stinks, you can get killed with just 5-10 shots..... annoying, so if drivers can drive-by manually it will be more balanced.

One last thing: In normal SA game you can do a cheat for shot mannually from car, but spyhole gets crazy and you cant shot a shit, this will happen in MTA:DM? :roll:

if drivers can drive-by manually it will be more balanced.

They can.

In normal SA game you can do a cheat for shot mannually from car, but spyhole gets crazy and you cant shot a :~, this will happen in MTA:DM? :roll:

I don't know what you mean, but they seem to be fine.

Edited by Guest
  • 11 months later...

Ugh, that should change the weapon.dat file... but if the server doesn't have it, it won't be like that (well, I presume it works that way ... mods = server side right? The data/scripted mods that is).

Also, will you be able to aim as a passenger witha shotgun? (chromegun)? Because in the singleplayer we all have seen Catalina do that (the "robbing the bank"/"betting shop missions). She shoots the chromegun as a passenger on a bike AND in a car. Same for colt45 (grove st members do so) and the deagle (catalina does so in another mission).

I'd really like to see this ... also being able to change weapon as a passanger (shotgun, handgun or sub machine gun). But, the driver will need to be able to change the radio stations than (or, you will be able to change channel, but as passanger you should leave the "lean out/driveby shooting" mode).

Any thoughts on this? Are there any developments on this? (This should be done IMO ... it makes the game more fun and challenging (+ more balanced too).