Should free-aiming for drivers be allowed in MTA:SA?

Guest NamelessPlayer

Should free-aiming for drivers be allowed?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Should free-aiming for drivers be allowed?

• Definitely! I think it balances out the vehicles more, since you're not just limited to shooting from the sides.
    • Hell no! Vehicles are unbalanced enough as is!
    • I really don't care either way.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But then it would be even since you have four guys for example and they can just shoot the guy down easily, while that one person has a chance of taking all of you down.

makes no sense. elaborate.

Both the person walking and a car of 4 people have a chance of killing each other.

Ex: The person walking has an M4, and there are 4 people in a car about to do a drive by.

That one person has the chance to shoot it until it explodes, while the group of four have the chance t kill him in a few shots.

it takes more then a few shots of a uzi with a SLOW firing rate and poor aiming (i know, i play two player mode)

opposed to a person with a powerful accurate M4 to take down a car

In two player mode, your aiming with a controller. You're camera must ALSO still be viewing foward so the car can drive. It won't be like that in MTA.

As for your theory of an m4 totally owning a car, remember they still cant bail out if (which I doubt will happen) the guy manages to catch it on fire. In reality the guys in the car have 8 lives, and the guy on foor has one.

But cars have what is the equal of a headshot kind of weakness, the Gas Tank... So, if person on foot hits gas tank, they auto pwn all the ppl in the car. So cars are kind of balanced to on foot, they can run you over, You can score a headshot on the driver. They can crush you, you can blast them from miles off with a rocket launcher. They can be on fire, then left to blow you up while your stuck underneath it, You can sniper the gas tank from off a building.

They shouldn't be able to free aim. It keeps it balanced. Like in Halo. You can't shoot while you drive the warthog. If you could I don't think it'd be as fun.

I agree, with blue, drive-by's should be possible :!:

But you guys are only talking about cars...

Wouldn't it be great if someone was flying a heli and a passenger can shoot with a "machine gun", you know like in the mission where you have to should down the little model planes :?:

Now that would be crazy :!:

Greetz

I agree, with blue, drive-by's should be possible :!:

But you guys are only talking about cars...

Wouldn't it be great if someone was flying a heli and a passenger can shoot with a "machine gun", you know like in the mission where you have to should down the little model planes :?:

Now that would be crazy :!:

Greetz

Your talking about the RC baron in the supply lines mission. I think you need to go to a blip in order to activate it now. If the gun is synced, then yeah its possible, but the othere enemy has an advantage over you when he could just come up right behind you and kill you, since your flying the RC and won't know what is happening behind you.

Maybe, maybe... i don't really understand in fact, i was talking about shooting with a big machine gun out of a heli while you're partner is flying, don't see how anybody can come from behind you, while in the air shooting :?:

But if it's possible to shoot out of cars it should be possible to shoot out of heli's to :wink:

Euhm something for the Mta developers =>

This is a cheat where you can be driver and perform a drive-by...

OUIQDMW

It's shows very good how the "passengers" should behave when they are performing a drive-by.

I guess if 3 passengers are hanging out of the car and each of them are behaving in a different way in the drive by and all of this is sync, then this will be amazing :!::shock:

btw if you don't know the cheat, you really have to try it out, only thing that sucks is using it while driving a truck, you will see...

Greetz

Maybe, maybe... i don't really understand in fact, i was talking about shooting with a big machine gun out of a heli while you're partner is flying, don't see how anybody can come from behind you, while in the air shooting :?:

But if it's possible to shoot out of cars it should be possible to shoot out of heli's to :wink:

OUIQDMW

It's shows very good how the "passengers" should behave when they are performing a drive-by.

I guess if 3 passengers are hanging out of the car and each of them are behaving in a different way in the drive by and all of this is sync, then this will be amazing :!::shock:

btw if you don't know the cheat, you really have to try it out, only thing that sucks is using it while driving a truck, you will see...

Greetz

Oh wait I mistook it for zero's other mission where you fly the model plane. The weapon your talking about is the minigun. I say no because it would be too much. A minigun is very powerful and in a flying heli, you would almost be unstoppable since you could blast anyhting that moves in a second.

The mta team keeps saying the synchronisation will be good becouse they build up the core engine from the beginning or something..

They built the last one up from the beginning...

It's because they use different methods of interfacing with the game, I believe.

OUIQDMW

Greetz

Oh wait I mistook it for zero's other mission where you fly the model plane. The weapon your talking about is the minigun. I say no because it would be too much. A minigun is very powerful and in a flying heli, you would almost be unstoppable since you could blast anyhting that moves in a second.

héhé, you're right, but in a heli you're weak as well, one rocket and down it goes :D

i do hope rockets and shit will be easy to find and lots of them :D

greetz

as i c it, the free aim should be allowed only for passengers coz as i remember mp5 is a smg and can be used to perform drive-by's. So we have Admiral with 3 mp5 guys (4 including the driver) and one guy with m4. As i remember someone stated that kills while being in car will be synced/done in Blue. So the guy with m4 can kill the driver/shooters or just send the car to hell by shooting the gas cover. Guys in car can drive-by or carkill him. Sounds fair. And hell if a guy got rocket launcher it's obvious he is gonna own everybody, nothing to worry about. Balancing weapons doesnt mean that guy with colt must be able to kill a guy with LAW, aight?

wouldnt it be cool, if you have a gang in a rpg server, you take like three same cars, everyone is in gang colours and they go into a gang war, like four people would come out o a car and start shooting, or you do a drive-by with 3 people shooting and one can concentrate fully on driving. as for the 1st person view, i think if youre in the car, you se the same view as the driver+you can move with the mouse to check stuff out, but if youre making a drive-by, the view remains, and the system is like on foot, you can move your mouse to watch around, and if you press rmb, the manual aiming thing comes infront of you and just shoot, or if you dont want the manual aim, you can shoot without it too.

wouldnt it be cool, if you have a gang in a rpg server, you take like three same cars, everyone is in gang colours and they go into a gang war, like four people would come out o a car and start shooting, or you do a drive-by with 3 people shooting and one can concentrate fully on driving. as for the 1st person view, i think if youre in the car, you se the same view as the driver+you can move with the mouse to check stuff out, but if youre making a drive-by, the view remains, and the system is like on foot, you can move your mouse to watch around, and if you press rmb, the manual aiming thing comes infront of you and just shoot, or if you dont want the manual aim, you can shoot without it too.

The driver shudnt be able to aim freely, only if thats ur specialization. Imo the best kind of rpg system, but thats ur own decission.

Hell, I beleive free aiming shouldn't be allowed for drivers, as it makes it less fun.

My idea, is to have it so that only passangers have free aiming, for drive-bys, and to have it so that passangers can select weapons 'cept melee ones) while in the car and also use the left and right buttons to poke their head out of the car, like the drive-bys in solo.

Btw, i was thinking, if the driver would be able to perform a drive by, carkillers would be invincible :D
Don't forget the more heavy weaponry will be in MTA:SA...

and hanging out of the window will be automatically, like in the last mission. if you aim @ your side you'll sit in the car, and if you aim to the other side you'll hang out of it to reach that half.

But what kind of weapons should be allowed to drive by with. only pistol classes and submachine classes?

You'll never see someone drive by with a shotgun or sniper or minigun in sp (yeah ok minigun in heli, but that's no car and it is positioned on the heli)