Should free-aiming for drivers be allowed in MTA:SA?

Guest NamelessPlayer

Should free-aiming for drivers be allowed?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Should free-aiming for drivers be allowed?

• Definitely! I think it balances out the vehicles more, since you're not just limited to shooting from the sides.
    • Hell no! Vehicles are unbalanced enough as is!
    • I really don't care either way.

I'm sure you all know that there's a free-aim cheat that allows you to aim your weapon anywhere around your vehicle, just as your passengers would.

This makes vehicle drivers more threatening, BUT it also prevents them from being thrown off bikes, which seems quite unbalancing.

Of course, if the Blue platform is as flexible as you say it is, anyone could just code it in, with the addition of bikers having their free-aim in addition to the threat of being knocked off. Not to mention it would automatically be turned off if you board a tank(if you're crazy enough to add such an unbalancing vehicle).

Let the discussion begin! Oh, and keep in mind that if this thread turns into a flame war or something else crazy, I'll delete it if I can.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will you be able to jump in the car with other players. One who could drive, and the rest could shoot. That would be cool. Especially if u could do it with the panzer.

I'm definately for free aiming, like in the game, your passengers should atleast be able to shoot where they want. Also, to make it even more even all both players on bikes to free aim shoot.

just like in SP, the Driver only can drive and the passengers hang out of the window with the 1st person view... like the homies missions with ryder, sweet and smoke they hang out of the car's windows and in some other missions like reuniting the families where you have to resQ sweet from the motel you are the gunner in 1st person.

Also, I think cars should be allowed to explode, or let it be chosen when making the server.

that can be set in the addon, BUT.....

what i was suggesting is that the car health be raised if passenger shooting is allowed.

because its hard enough to keep a car 'alive' in mta without bullets coming from all over the place.

But then it would be even since you have four guys for example and they can just shoot the guy down easily, while that one person has a chance of taking all of you down.

makes no sense. elaborate.

Both the person walking and a car of 4 people have a chance of killing each other.

Ex: The person walking has an M4, and there are 4 people in a car about to do a drive by.

That one person has the chance to shoot it until it explodes, while the group of four have the chance t kill him in a few shots.

But then it would be even since you have four guys for example and they can just shoot the guy down easily, while that one person has a chance of taking all of you down.

Both the person walking and a car of 4 people have a chance of killing each other.

Ex: The person walking has an M4, and there are 4 people in a car about to do a drive by.

That one person has the chance to shoot it until it explodes, while the group of four have the chance t kill him in a few shots.

it takes more then a few shots of a uzi with a SLOW firing rate and poor aiming (i know, i play two player mode)

opposed to a person with a powerful accurate M4 to take down a car

it takes more then a few shots of a uzi with a SLOW firing rate and poor aiming (i know, i play two player mode)

opposed to a person with a powerful accurate M4 to take down a car

I thought drive bys are a lot stronger than the regular uzi's on foot. It all depends how you drive too, because in a drive by you can't drive slow or fast to kill someone.

The view auto adjusts with this thing active and it's very annoying so if it's all or nothing I would rather not have this enabled

If you can choose to turn it off then great...

This vehicle aiming is great with bikes thou...

so I would like this but I don't want to be stuck with it

I thought drive bys are a lot stronger than the regular uzi's on foot. It all depends how you drive too, because in a drive by you can't drive slow or fast to kill someone.

My driveby tactic is to run them over. I found that this is much quicker.

It would be nice if you had the option to do this because what about those on servers where there are 2 or 3 people (or LAN). It'd be nice to be able to be on a bike and just drive towards the other person on the server free-aiming. But if it's a particularly hard thing to do then the MTA team shouldn't worry about it and let someone make a mod if they desperately require it, I'm still happy to do it standard. Also I don't really think drivers of cars should do it... that to me just seems a little unreasonable. Driving a car at speed, watching where you're driving and shooting the uzi wherever you want, even backwards whilst doing this. Not forgetting technically you'd have to be leaning out the window... seems a tad unrealistic.