[REL] Anti-Ban-Evade / NAIL Serial changers and Dynamic IP's!

• 2 months later...
  • MTA Anti-Cheat Team

I would like to hear experiences using this script for who started using it.

The caveat for the average server owner would be knowing how to host the included .php resolver on a webhost, if anyone has unused hosting capacity and likes to volunteer and offer to host it for the default resource (so it can work on the go for anyone) please contact me, so I could change the source to use your mirror. (please note that depending on the amount of server owners who'll use it, it could result in hundreds of queries a second..)

• Moderators

So I after reading everything, I do have to do this:

1. Add the website file to the server to detect the host of the player. (website server folder)
  2. Add the resource to the server.
  3. Grand the resource the fetchRemote function usage permission.
  4. Change the url to the correct one.
  • Optional: Search for VPN hostnames and add those to the list.

Am I missing something?

• Thanks 1
  • MTA Anti-Cheat Team
3 hours ago, IIYAMA said:

1. Add the website file to the server to detect the host of the player. (website server folder)

Yes; add the included .php file, instructions: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/31538747/where-to-upload-my-php-files-on-web-hosting-server and for your question #4, correct: change the example URL to location of your hosted .php in the script.

3. Grant the resource the fetchRemote function usage permission.

yes, and if you want resource to not only flag/log listed hostname connections but also block them, also add kick ACL access.

* Optional: Search for VPN hostnames and add those to the list.

I would advise only blocking VPN services that are problematic to your server, like a few harsh evaders keep using them (the same VPN app with just 1 or a few select hostnames bound to its datacenter)

• Moderators

Ah thx.

Everything is set up now.

After testing I noticed that when I used my browser it returns the correct hostname. But for mta it returned the 'Standaardgateway' address of my router.

That is obvious because I was testing it on a local server. (except for the API of course)

This fixed that for me while testing, but it wouldn't work at a default server because it retrieves the server ip/hostname instead. :)

<?php
	$hostname = gethostbyaddr($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']);
	echo $hostname;
?>