MTA:SA Vehicle synchronisation video released.

Si|ent

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No he means that no matter what your ping was the lag was horrible.

It's more of a problem of velocity overcoming position then it is lag. Even if you syncronize velocity to perfection, factors such as frame rate come in. They have a lower frame rate and thus their position is not altered as much by their velocity as it is on your computer. Then their position updates, and they 'skip'.

It should be noted there was very little optimisation used during the vehicle sync testing, that was yet to be coded in at the time. It was 'raw' sync if you like. We just felt the breakthrough was exciting enough to share with the community.

Theres much more to releasing some software than the in-game experience that we can show in a video. Things such as the server browser, admin functionality, bug fixing, finishing of actual coding all need to be done before we have somthing thats worthy of release to the public.

So .. just to get it straight .. once upon a time (not the first release offcourse) you can actually hit something by aiming directly at them .. see peds, cops (?) and cars ride by to steal ..

Well .. this shit is amazing, just to start with that. Cant wait (like everybody else) for teh beta release ;-). All of this is very promising ..

Only one (n00b) question, which codec did that movie use (all i see is green and yellow oO) .. divx aint working, hope y'all can help me with that :P

Good Job

Keep up the good work, like always

after all the critisizing by me, this video really impressed me, you guys showed fast progress, and smooth vehicle sync( i even saw some shooting with aircraft ) Razz i also noticed the checkpoints, seems like the race gamemode is coming along nicely, good job

like with the mta blue announcement, again i was a bit too enthousiastic. i've watched the video again, and i noticed lag(vehicles). ah well, it's still early so, we'll wait and see if mta blue really is capable of showing singleplayer-like animations :lol:

but it still is a fast update , so keep it coming :lol: