MTA:SA Vehicle synchronisation video released.

Si|ent

Following Tuesday's update, the Multi Theft Auto Team has put together a short video showcasing the early stages of vehicle synchronization. It was captured while testing the race mod that is currently under construction. The video features a variety of vehicles and locations with a varying number of testers.

Video Link

A big thanks to Samurai_Ohk for his assistance with final editing.

Please note that Multi Theft Auto: San Andreas is still at a very early stage in development. This video should not be viewed as a game content preview, but as a demonstration for our community of the potential of the technology we have developed. As always, all content is subject to change at any stage in development.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont know why but i felt compelled to post my first msg..

Great work, ive been here since almost the beginning but im one of those users that never posts to complement(even though i should have) yet also never posts to critisize(hmm spelt that wrong).

I just had to reply this time though to say ...once again even though it may take an eternity between releases what you are doing is not only a great idea but to carry on with this program spanning 3 games over a good few years and seeing the constant improvement and hard work for no profit while listening to the typical internet leeching slags giving shit and not thanking for what you took the time to do is a perfect and justified reason to give praise!!

The main reason i posted though was to say i have recently heard about the other *cough* multiplayer mod for gta SA which isnt a bad thing as competition is always healthy in any form....it was just that when i visited the forums to have a look i was disguisted by the amount of flaming and negative posts towards MTA.

The reason being is that ppl were flaming about its ability based on the current core which no doubt all of us know is outdated without reference to the new BLUE core.

AND! when it WAS! mentioned the flaming started about how long it is or has taken to do without being released yet,even though we all know that another GTA3 and VC version is being made at the same time along with the creation of an SDK to help users make any game type they wish (which will not happen with this other supposed amazing mod)!!.

I aint meaning to be petty but im sure the ppl here along with the mods would give praise to these ppl for putting their effort in to acheive what we all want yet it REALLY aint being returned and as such until that certain mod communitys attitude changes i will not be a part of it. Ill stick with the MTA team for now until i see each giving credit where credit is due.

And i thought things like this were supposed to create a broad community...nevermind at least there is one here ;)

THX for listening to that stupidly long flame but i just had to get it off my chest as that was the way i saw it and i wasnt happy about it!

thx again :P

P.S i also know this wasnt exactly the right thread to post in but id thought id let alot of this community see it to view the other forums for themselves and point out if im right or im being paranoid and fanboyish ;)

It's just.. dude.. AMAZING. Within... just.. a FEW DAYS, you allready have a lot of stuff looking great... I don't know what to say, but if this is the new MTA, which keeps the community informed, then I'm liking it a whole lot. I didn't expect another update for about a week or so, and allready there's a VIDEO out. Keep it up guys ;)

We are going to try and be a lot more active with our development updates as that is an area that we have always had a lot of complaints about. Who knows how long it will take between updates, but we will try to keep all of you updated regularily.

Thanks for sticking with us!

It's great to see that swift progress, and even better to see the Hydra missles synced!

But don't get your hopes up for that being in the released version. After all they took the spaz out of VC because it was too big bad and scary. We can't have any weapons that actually inflict damage :wink:

Actually it's really hard to hit something moving in 3d space. Even if heat seeking is somehow synced it should be fairly hard to get a hit with someone who is trying to evade/fight.

Even if heat seeking is somehow synced it should be fairly hard to get a hit with someone who is trying to evade/fight.

thats not true...the computer on PS2 owns me regularly.

That's just because you suck.

I never expected anything - letalone a video - for months. Other then occasional lag, the video was impressive. Looks like you guys really were having fun.

Good job. :)

after all the critisizing by me, this video really impressed me, you guys showed fast progress, and smooth vehicle sync( i even saw some shooting with aircraft ) :P i also noticed the checkpoints, seems like the race gamemode is coming along nicely, good job :lol: