[WIP] Vehicle Realism System

• Scripting Moderators

Why the smoke comes from rear wheels rather than the engine?

And if you want to make it more real, some light effects such as back-up lamp should be added.

But anyway, It is a magnificent script. I like it very much. :D 

Keep working, I am always waiting for it !

Edited by thisdp
  • Like 1
57 minutes ago, thisdp said:

Why the smoke comes from rear wheels rather than the engine?

And if you want to make it more real, some light effects such as back-up lamp should be added.

But anyway, It is a magnificent script. I like it very much. :D 

Keep working, I am always waiting for it !

Of course, that's basic stuff, I wanted to do advanced lights, indicators and etc.

My answer for the smoke stuff: I think it looks more realistic, also, I would like to represent the exhaust pipe and the stuff around it at the bottom of a car being damaged.

v0.2 almost done, since I posted the video I have made lots of changes. I think today I will be able to post about v0.2.

• Like 1
  • Scripting Moderators
2 minutes ago, Dzsozi said:

Of course, that's basic stuff, I wanted to do advanced lights, indicators and etc.

My answer for the smoke stuff: I think it looks more realistic, also, I would like to represent the exhaust pipe and the stuff around it at the bottom of a car being damaged.

v0.2 almost done, since I posted the video I have made lots of changes. I think today I will be able to post about v0.2.

Cool ! And I have a suggestion that when the vehicle is at a high speed and then it hit the wall or something else that can almost stop the vehicle, players in vehicle should lose their health.

Edited by thisdp
1 minute ago, thisdp said:

Cool ! And I have a suggestion that when the vehicle is at a high speed and then it hit the wall or something else that can almost stop the vehicle, players in vehicle should lose their health.

That will be an addition as well, these are all basic stuff that the system will contain by default, expect more complex stuff than these. :D

• Like 1
  • Scripting Moderators
1 minute ago, Dzsozi said:

That will be an addition as well, these are all basic stuff that the system will contain by default, expect more complex stuff than these. :D

If I have some ideas, I will share them with you by code. :D

• Scripting Moderators
Just now, Dzsozi said:

Alright, awesome, feel free to post suggestions, I would be happy if I could read them!

Maybe I will write some notes so that you can read them. xD

• Like 1

v0.2

- Improved the custom damage handling

• Every vehicle has different loss-limits, which depend on the mass and collision damage multiplier of the vehicle
  • Added electric damage
  • Minimum vehicle health could be 500
  • If the vehicle health reaches the minimum, loss-limits will be lowered

- Improved vehicle handlings (unfinished)

• Vehicles accelerate slower
  • Vehicles steer harder
  • More realism (for example, non AWD vehicles drive harder on terrain, etc.)
  • Vehicles don't flip too easily anymore, they do flip although
  • Once your vehicle is flipped, you can't unflip it by reversing and holding left/right steer key

- Improved custom vehicle sounds, mostly minor bug fixes and changes (unfinished)
- Improved the anti-players-pushing-vehicles feature (vehicle will unfreeze if you are not in contact with the vehicle anymore, before that it unfreezed only when you entered the vehicle or pushed it with another vehicle)

The vehicle health bar is just temporary.

Breakdowns won't happen as frequently as shown in the video.

Fire damage will only be applied if smoke damage is applied.

Video (sorry for the bad quality):

Edited by Dzsozi
  • Like 1
  • Scripting Moderators
10 hours ago, Dzsozi said:

v0.2

- Improved the custom damage handling

• Every vehicle has different loss-limits, which depend on the mass and collision damage multiplier of the vehicle
  • Added electric damage
  • Minimum vehicle health could be 500
  • If the vehicle health reaches the minimum, loss-limits will be lowered

- Improved vehicle handlings (unfinished)

• Vehicles accelerate slower
  • Vehicles steer harder
  • More realism (for example, non AWD vehicles drive harder on terrain, etc.)
  • Vehicles don't flip too easily anymore, they do flip although
  • Once your vehicle is flipped, you can't unflip it by reversing and holding left/right steer key

- Improved custom vehicle sounds, mostly minor bug fixes and changes (unfinished)
- Improved the anti-players-pushing-vehicles feature (vehicle will unfreeze if you are not in contact with the vehicle anymore, before that it unfreezed only when you entered the vehicle or pushed it with another vehicle)

The vehicle health bar is just temporary.

Breakdowns won't happen as frequently as shown in the video.

Fire damage will only be applied if smoke damage is applied.

Video (sorry for the bad quality):

Good ! But why the smoke and fire will come out from the engine when the vehicle is in the water?

I think that if there is any fire on vehicle, when the vehicle is in water, fire should be extinguished.

Edited by thisdp
10 hours ago, thisdp said:

Good ! But why the smoke and fire will come out from the engine when the vehicle is in the water?

I think that if there is any fire on vehicle, when the vehicle is in water, fire should be extinguished.

Makes sense if talking about realism, I might change up these things.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...