Dogfights

Guest dazz99

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Its not easy to kill on the hydra though. The controls are hard to use in the first place, and to actually lock on targets, you have to be at a slow speed to home in on it.

U're joking right ? :) There's nothing easier than flying a HYDRA...imho flying a heli is harder(if you do MY kind of flying)...i'd like to see someone flying under a bridge upside down :) Then,the target lock is kinda unfair ,if you manage to target the poor bastard on the ground there's nothing he can do,the hydra can launch those flares or whatever they're called.It's MUCH more fun to just 'predict' where the missiles will hit ( you only have a few secs to do that:) ) I just wish the dogfight thing is gonna happen,i can't wait to kick some a$$,FASTER IS BETTER :)

P.S. I manage with a keyboard,imagine what someone would do with a joystick of gamepad

Its not easy to kill on the hydra though. The controls are hard to use in the first place, and to actually lock on targets, you have to be at a slow speed to home in on it.

U're joking right ? :) There's nothing easier than flying a HYDRA...imho flying a heli is harder(if you do MY kind of flying)...i'd like to see someone flying under a bridge upside down :) Then,the target lock is kinda unfair ,if you manage to target the poor bastard on the ground there's nothing he can do,the hydra can launch those flares or whatever they're called.It's MUCH more fun to just 'predict' where the missiles will hit ( you only have a few secs to do that:) ) I just wish the dogfight thing is gonna happen,i can't wait to kick some a$$,FASTER IS BETTER :)

P.S. I manage with a keyboard,imagine what someone would do with a joystick of gamepad

Its not easy with the keyboard, unless you changed the controls. I can do it on a PS2 controller though.

Well,i can't remember if i changed them or not but i use the numpads(9 nose down / 7 nose up / 8 throttle /4 6 lean left / right / q e use the tail thingy and S to reduce throttle (as you may know it accelerates by itself)) And belive me,it's damn fun & easy once you're used to it :)

Its not easy with the keyboard, unless you changed the controls. I can do it on a PS2 controller though.

i find it well easy on the keyboard. perhaps u just need more practice ;)

Hmm I've made some special flying controlls settings on my keyboard, and it fly's good, and I've ordered a gamepad wich will come this week I hope and then It's a lot better to controll the plane. I have a friend who's flight sim freak and he has a cool joystick, and damn he Is veary good @ flying.

I don't know about you guys, but have you ever tried flying over area 69 with a plane? I'm not certain how close the SAM missles are the same to other hydra missles, but I can easily avoid them with a hydra. I even tried a shamal a didn't get hit. (Just hard keeping it off the ground when you're trying to get shot down, lol.) So it may just be a matter of who's a good pilot and who isn't... I sure hope all my Ace Combat games have helped me! :lol:

After reading all of this I went and played w/ the "jumpjet" a while and got the hang of it. I now fly vary well and even went over and shot down a bunch of army jets. Then I hoped in the heli and improved my skill in that. I think the mini gun disposes of people very effectivly and the rockets can really clear an intersection. So for Air to ground combat, the heli is your best bet. The jet is just fun when fighting other jets, as far as shooting ground targets goes, you have to be huvering. Although i managed to do strafing run on the highways w/ missles. Right now, I think im ready for some PvP air combat.

The heli is a sitting duck in the sky :) it's damn slow if,let's say you want to evade a missile,from a hovering position to get the thing to move in time.With the hydra you get high enough then head str8 down towards your target.As for evading the area 69 missiles,you can even do it with one of those 'YAK'-ish planes(can't rmbr what they're called)...a loop solves all your problems :idea:

Yea, I tried going over area 69 with a helicopter. Tested about 20 missles, not a single one missed. I almost evaded one but then it just circled me and hit me. So, helicopters are out of the question.

But, I'm expecting the dogfighting release to just be a bunch of hydras. Which means your toughest problem will be getting off the ground before someone locks onto you. Other than that, just dodge, lock on, shoot, dodge, lock on, shoot, etc.

Well, then that rule would have to be enforced somehow. You'd also have to protect people on the ground who were running to the hydras (that's if you wanted to, I guess it could be optional) and hydras that aren't grounded but aren't fulling flying. When they're in their takeoff hover mode. Of course both of those are optional, but so is protected grounded hydras... Up to the admin I guess, and whatever the MTA team decides to do with the game.

Now I haven't read all posts in this thread, so I don't know whether this has been answered or not, but yes, there will be dogfight possibilities in the racemode. Also with a hydra. You can call the dogfighting some sort of "freeracing" where there are no checkpoints, players will respawn when they die etc...

The missiles on the hydra are semi-synced and will probably stay semi-synced for the first release. Means, they are synced, but they might not produce the same result at both sides because the projectile itself is not synced. Myself, I find it quite easy to dodge these missiles, and they aren't unfair at all. Just take a sharp turn, or do some loope-di-doo and they fall off :).

Well, we're not saying it's unfair that they are heat-seeking missles and everything, we're saying it's a little unbalanced-ish because it's so easy to avoid missles that it comes down to who makes the mistake first. But if that's the way people want it then it's fine with me.

Solid (wow that's odd to say, I used to be named SolidScope and was called Solid), I'm not sure how possible it is to just add SAM sites, but it would be a cool idea if you had to avoid surface-to-air missles while avoiding air-to-air missles.

but it would be a cool idea if you had to avoid surface-to-air missles while avoiding air-to-air missles.

You would think that wouldn't you, but when you play battlefiled 2 and your trying to avoid the jet on your 6, whitch goes smoothly at first, untill you begin to hear that constant humming, you just know some slappy below has jumped on a sam site and locked you. Then you pray your flares can trick both the jet and the sam's missles... but yeah... "cool". :shock:

• 1 month later...