Dogfights

Guest dazz99

Can you add dogfights with hydras on mta:sa please. Most people probably don't like the idea because it would end to fast but i found out yesterday that if you drop a flare the missles chasing you blow up :D

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i'm sure there will be more that one hydra in the game, so you could easily have a dogfight with another person, or do you mean with the computer?

I mean having about 10 people in hydras all fighting each other

Can you add dogfights with hydras on mta:sa please. Most people probably don't like the idea because it would end to fast but i found out yesterday that if you drop a flare the missles chasing you blow up :D

you didnt know that? if you've got as far as the mission where the hydra is first introduced (or have done it on ps2 like me), you would have known that it actually tells you how to deploy the tatical countermeasures to confuse the missiles

you didnt know that? if you've got as far as the mission where the hydra is first introduced (or have done it on ps2 like me), you would have known that it actually tells you how to deploy the tatical countermeasures to confuse the missiles

nope didnt read that

• 2 weeks later...
if you've got as far as the mission where the hydra is first introduced

No mission has told me that as yet, my first time with the Hydra came with the Airborne races. Although instead of attempting to set a time I simply flew to my aircraft graveyard and stored both it and the stuntplane in the hanger there :P

Its not easy to kill on the hydra though. First of all how can a noob know how to fly the hydra? I prefer the term hydra lamer. The controls are hard to use in the first place, and to actually lock on targets, you have to be at a slow speed to home in on it. That gives an adavantage for a person to easily get a rocket launcher or ram it with a car somehow, since all the planes are very sensitive when you crash into things.

Yes, but as njr1489 pointed out, rocket launchers will be synced (hopefully in the first release) which should balance it out.

You're absolutely right.

Nailing a jet that's flying at 200 MPH a few hundred feet above you? Psh, I do that everyday! :roll:

Hydra missles > Rocket launcher

I thought they were the same. besides, its almost impossible to have a good locked on target at high speed. You have to be an expert to do that, and hydras only come at the end of the game.

Hydras fire two missles that can hit the ground and have a larger blast radius on a target moving at a slower speed.

The Hydra is moving faster, with no solid around it to cause a blast radius (you have to actually hit the Hydra with the rockets) and foot rocket launchers only launch one rocket.

If I ever see a Hydra get hit with a rocket launcher by someone on foot, I'll take a picture or fraps it, post it here, and we can all marvel at the guy's skill. It'll never happen.

• 1 month later...
Damn people.

It's called hovering.

That makes people kill the pilot easier. What i want is a heat-seeking RPG with about 20 missiles and i could take down that pilot easily. Or you could take M4, and shoot infront of the pilot until the plane fires. Don't give the pilots parachutes lol, and im pretty sure some servers will have a "no hydras" rule too :P