AI with the players

Guest Link_BaconBitz

Hey, new to the forums. I know it's been said that with "Blue" anything is possible. In the future will MTA:SA be able to have the AI pedestrians, vehicles, and police running around with the actual players in the server? ...and having each player possessing their own wanted level. (sort of like in single player, but without the missons) Something like this would definately add more action to the game and get rid of the lonely feeling if there aren't many players on. I'm no programming but I'm sure something like this would be difficult though right?

Its not somthing blue will initially support, we think, but the core certainly allows for it to be added in the future with no major interface changes. Thats not a promise that we ever will see this or implement it. Its more likely that it could be used for co-op missions where a limited number of user-created peds are synced.

Also would adding something like that be a resource hog? Like in single player, you only see the peds and cars that are in a certain range of where you are located then they dissappear when out of range. So if I got this correct, if you are a player on the server with others and none of the others players are nearby, it's like you have your own "instance" of pedestrians and cars around you.. and only when other players come in your range, do those pedestrians have to snyc with all the players so everyone could see the pedestrians you see.

It'd have to be done with an instancing system, similar to the way mmorpgs work. Its not really very hard to do, but the benefits are fairly minimal compared to the other tasks we have to do.

Edited by Guest