Multi Theft Auto: San Andreas Update - Breakthrough

Si|ent

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

blue is fully integrated into Vice City, this means that there is no longer an external program required to launch MultiTheftAuto.

I guess that would also be the same for San Andreas.

eAi said that there is an external program required, only the user doesn't notice it because it starts up GTA automatically. What I meant is would they combine releases? Although, on second thoughts, it might be best not to because I remember people complaining about 0.4 because most of the work had gone into GTA3.

The San Andreas version takes considerable priority over the Vice City version.

this wasn't planned right(forum is too big to find the quote :P)? though i think it's a good idea. offcourse ppl would still want to play a vc version, but San Andreas is new now, and has an upgraded engine, with new features. and that's certainly great for multiplayer.

than only one question remains, what about mta 0.5.5? i haven't heard much news related to it in the last few weeks/months.

than only one question remains, what about mta 0.5.5? i haven't heard much news related to it in the last few weeks/months.

I recall one of the team members saying that 0.5.5 and Blue were being developed simultaneously but if Blue for VC was released first, it would be pointless to continue developing 0.5.5.

One of the problems with MTA:VC 0.5.5 seems to be pretty ingrained in the old core, fixing it is proving much more easily said than done. Meanwhile we test the vastly superior new core which blows the old core away, and it all gets rather dissillusioning. We'd all like to round the old core off with a solid release, wether we'll manage it before New core rolls out or not remains to be seen.

I must say i'm actually impressed!! :o Never thought i'd say that ;)

Just my opinion but i agree with the people who said to maybe leave the old core alone, if Blue is as good as it seems then you should all be giving your full on that rather than waste time on hard problems with 0.5.

imo anyway... :wink:

Well... I can say this, you've got my vote again. If Blue can be ported and worked with this easily, as you said, then many many other things you've said are more than likely true. I've gotten my hopes up again for Blue, and for the first time in about.. 5 months, I'll probably play MTA again ;)

Good work team.

already building an SA version of mta on the blue core, must mean that BLUE is in a decent state, otherwise it wouldn't be possible to use it for MTA SA.

ny of you ask why we can't do a simple print screen to show you what we've been working on. The reason why we aren't doing this is because 90% of blue is in the backend.

it does seem to be possible after all :wink:

Edited by Guest

will we be able to play MTA:SA with mods installed such as vehicles,hot coffee mod, stuff like that or will we have to have a fresh install?

You will need a fresh install as a base, you'll then be able to install mods on top of that. These will be mods specifically developed for MTA, though depending on the mod type, these could be converted easily.