Can't use modified .dff anymore ?

OXy

Question

Hello there, i'm a windows xp user, i've a wooden PC and to make mta/gta run faster i've used some methods, one of these methods is replacing a tree that called 'tree_hipoly19.dff' with the original one, the modifed file will be hidden in-game, i've been using this method for over a year now and it was working normal, but after the last mta sa update, that modified .dff file is no longer working, but instead the original .dff file is working, the story may be confusing a bit, but this is pretty weird, and not for 'tree_hipoly19.dff' only, also for other objects

CONCLUSION:

-replaced a .dff file and it was working normal

-latest mta update

-the modified .dff file is not working anymore

i don't know if the latest update doesn't support the modified .dff files anymore, please help me out i really need to fix this.

things that might help you :

gta3.img < this is the where are the .dff files at

IMG tool, TXD WorkShop < these are the softwares i used to replace the .dff file

Thanks for reading.

5 answers to this question

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team

I believe (client - gta3.img only) tree mods were blocked because of anticheat reasons (someone would replace the tree with a small object to gain unfair advantage over assault/deathmatch maps, being able to see and shoot through trees and woods where others were hidden and they couldn't.

Edited by Dutchman101
  • MTA Anti-Cheat Team
3 hours ago, OXy said:

OH wow.. it would be great if you put that back guys, specialy for the tree i've mentioned above because it causes alot of fps issues and the Mappers are spamming it in their maps.

I don't think its possible to detect what kind of purposes a modded tree is for; detecting the kind of gamemode can be tricky (TDM, assault etc) but maybe it rather be a flag in mtaserver.conf @ccw? also I think you're one of the few looking to do this, and anti-unfair advantage outprioritizes this kind of wish.

4 hours ago, Dutchman101 said:

I don't think its possible to detect what kind of purposes a modded tree is for; detecting the kind of gamemode can be tricky (TDM, assault etc) but maybe it rather be a flag in mtaserver.conf @ccw? also I think you're one of the few looking to do this, and anti-unfair advantage outprioritizes this kind of wish.

What you call anti-unfair is being called anti-deco for few gamemodes, most of servers nowadays are using this script to make the players experience better performance ( fps ), and it's not really unfair, actually it is way harder to play without seen some trees, it would be fantastic if you put that back guys, for real :/ ...