[Petition] patch for the gtasa pc controls

l2ebel

votes:  

52 members have voted

1. 1. votes:

• i agree and with this vote i "sign" the petition
    • i agree and with this vote i "sign" the petition.

i know there are alot of people who bought sa for pc and are completely disapointed of its ps2 controls, for me personally the controls of a pc game are essential to gameplay and the ps2 controls have spoiled the whole game for me, if i could id return it to the store but i cant, so now i thought itd be better to start a petition and if we got enought votes we would send it per mail to rockstar, IF they take action and make a patch is another question but i figured it would be better to try then sitting here with a game that only lost its fun cause of the controls

if you agree, please take a vote and spread the message, thanks

ps: DONT post here saying we should "get used to it" or that you dont want the current controls to be changed, all i want is more options to configure the controls back to how they have been in gta3/vc pc versions

Edited by Guest

I'm with you rebel. There needs to be a change. We need these petitions to go everywhere. I also think that we should have a mass email torockstar telling them to make the patch.

The patch should include a crosshair without auto aim, moving backwards, and an automatic camera for cars.

it will probably be useless.

but im for it, if it differs greatly from the current VC controls (PC)

whats wrong with the vc controls? i actually want a patch so they make it a bit more like vc :P

the best setup i can think of is to make it like vc, always a crosshair, strafing is always possible, jumping too and maybe they could just add the new movements of the current aiming mode like 1 button for rolling on the ground

I actaully play Vice City using a controller and the mouse. I know it sounds strange, but I have been able to do this very efficiently. I use 100% of the controller for driver and heli & planes. While on foot, I use the joypad to do everything except turn the player left and right (Which I do with the mouse), srint, change weapons, and look in back of me., which is all accomplished using the mouse

I am dissapointed that I cannot do this in San Andreas, they have no option for Classic and Standard controls. As a result, I cannot shot gastanks whicih I know will catch up with me in a future mission. If anybody does know how to do this I would greatly appreitate your help :D

I also fear that the multi-player mods will not support the classic style aiming (Where you just press the aim button), but I have no other choise unless I use only the keyboard and mouse which I dont wanna do :(

I also fear that the multi-player mods will not support the classic style aiming (Where you just press the aim button), but I have no other choise unless I use only the keyboard and mouse which I dont wanna do :(

That's a big problem. Classic style is the only way possible to play SA good. If its not synced, people will have a hard time shooting.

I agree this thread, or at least the poll is useless. A poll isn;t a poll if you dont give two alternate options, makign both a YES means each time someone wants to view the results they get a little more innacurate (as they have to vote YES to view them).

Rebel the poll should be removed or at least replaced with a proper one.

i know there are alot of people who bought sa for pc and are completely disapointed of its ps2 controls, for me personally the controls of a pc game are essential to gameplay and the ps2 controls have spoiled the whole game for me, if i could id return it to the store but i cant, so now i thought itd be better to start a petition and if we got enought votes we would send it per mail to rockstar, IF they take action and make a patch is another question but i figured it would be better to try then sitting here with a game that only lost its fun cause of the controls

if you agree, please take a vote, rate this topic at the bottom of this page and spread the message, thanks

ps: DONT post here saying we should "get used to it" or that you dont want the current controls to be changed, all i want is more options to configure the controls back to how they have been in gta3/vc pc versions

i have also posted this on gtaforums: http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=195301

cheers to that. I vote yes

i'm not for it, nothing wrong with these controls, hell, i love them more than vc's controls

if we'd get vc controls in sa, sa would get even easier (and it is prety easy allready) and the whole rpg element would be pointless then

I am dissapointed that I cannot do this in San Andreas, they have no option for Classic and Standard controls. As a result, I cannot shot gastanks whicih I know will catch up with me in a future mission. If anybody does know how to do this I would greatly appreitate your help :D

there is classic mode, its the equivalent of setting the controls to 'Joystick'. this allows auto aim and joystick movement.

Im not having that many problams with the controls, but i miss the old ones

i'm not for it, nothing wrong with these controls, hell, i love them more than vc's controls

if we'd get vc controls in sa, sa would get even easier (and it is prety easy allready) and the whole rpg element would be pointless then

He's not saying to get rid of the new controls, just to have an option to have the old ones back should you wish to.

I love SA's controls even more than VC's. I dont know why, I just love the way they feel.

ok let me say this again, the purpose of this topic isnt to discuss which controls are better, thus theres no negative poll option as there is no negative point for all people who like the current controls we are just requesting the old system as an addon to the current controls, its a petition, not a poll and the purpose is to see how many people wish the old controls back and then maybe we have enough votes someday that R* considers it worth for a patch

the new controls just changed the gameplay in such a significant way that i dont think ill be playing the game, at least not for shooting, i dont really care about sp, its the multiplayer part that goes to waste for many of us which is actually the reason im still playing gta, i couldnt care less about single player, its plain boring tbh, after playing gta3 and vc for years i wont be playing sa more than a month cause theres just not enough to keep me busy, mp is the future for me but with these controls, no thanks, id rather stick to vice or quit gta completely even tho it would be a shame to see such a brilliant game going to waste just cause the controls have been changed

What is so hard about going to options and changing the controls to what you like? I didn't like the driving controls so I changed them to match Vice City's.

please, think before you post

Wats the diff between "." and ".."

both is a yes, no matter which one you vote for with it you "sign" the petition, the problem is that you cant only have 1 poll option in a poll, thus i had to add 2, ill change them into text now, guess it will be easier to understand then