Desperate Question Regarding MTA:SA

They're using a different method that bypasses the SCM (GTA's mission scripting system) but they haven't really given any further details. It might be something they want to keep secret. As far as I know, all other competing mods use the SCM.

I think of it like this:

The SCM is normally read by GTA, it then has to be interpreted into what functions inside the game each line corresponds to. This takes a small amount of time.

Instead of doing this, Blue accesses the functions directly as if it was a part of the original program. This cuts out the SCM part, which is why the SCM they will use will have nearly nothing in it.

Not only is this more flexible than using the SCM, it also increases the speed at which you can do things (the SCM commands don't need to be interpreted). I doubt that it will be noticable, but anything that makes the game even slightly quicker is good news to me :D

Hi

I would like to know if there will be more synced things in mta:sa like traffic lights (must have for drags), car crashes, object movements, etc? And also, will there be low rider jumping, disco dancing, and race competitions (or will that be up to the server scripts)?

Lots more will be synchronised, many things already are that weren't possible in the old core. I can't promise you traffic lights however as I'd disagree that they are essential.

Yeah, all the races in single player use a 3..2..1..GO! countdown and don't actually allow you to start moving until then.

The team are "internally developing a race mode" and I think this will be how they would do it.

Rockstar never made any multiplayer, or began to make any multiplayer for any of the gta games, it's all been done by the mta team, they worked it out themselves

:P

From what I remember, they were going to make VC multi-player, and there is actaully some mutli-player code within VC, its just that they stopped developing it and mta had to make up for that which RS didnt want to / couldnt do.

Well whether some synced stuff is vital or not, in case it's not a problem at all to sync something maybe, if in doubt about the importance about something being synced you could leave it to the server host to turn the sync for something on/off. If it's more work, it's a different story, of course. ;)