GTASA is gonna suck online

There isn't an auto-aim system as far as i know :? few messages not removed from the ps2 version maybe?

The new aiming system is great though - people are always wanting realism, having to stop to aim is realistic.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol what's the problem with the short distance fights? it will just not look like a fuc*kin circus with ppl jumping all over the place... just go to LSPD HQ and pickup the shotgun. Then try the close combat. Isn't that realistic? For me it is. And i hope there will be no 'robbers' in SA.... the only problem is the fact u can't go back and shoot.... everything else is made the best way it could be done... and if u got problem with getting used to it, it means only one thing - U R NOOB :o

lol what's the problem with the short distance fights? it will just not look like a fuc*kin circus with ppl jumping all over the place... just go to LSPD HQ and pickup the shotgun. Then try the close combat. Isn't that realistic? For me it is. And i hope there will be no 'robbers' in SA.... the only problem is the fact u can't go back and shoot.... everything else is made the best way it could be done... and if u got problem with getting used to it, it means only one thing - U R NOOB :o

judging someones skills by favour of controls doesnt really work and the argument of "you just gotta get used to it" is obvious, were not here to bitch, were here to discuss

its just that mod ideas for mtasa on blue died for me cause of the new controls, what i always liked about mta was the fast paced gameplay with lots of movement but this died with the new controls and i cant get any adrenaline out of those controls, which is the reason im playing games in the first place, i guess ill stick to vice and/or make a petition for a patch by R*

I don't think this is just an issue with people who play Vice City trying to adapt, because I don't JUST play Vice City. This is an issue of poor controls and poor control options. I went out and purchased San Andreas on day one. One of the first things about it on PlayStation 2 that I noticed about it was the annoying controls. The on-foot controls were very good, and the shooting system was quite good. I especially liked the fact that the controls had been more adapted to the PC version in that you could use both auto targeting and munual aim, and seemlessly switch between the two.

Now the PlayStation 2 controls would suddenly become hideous when got into a car. I was a great driver in Vice City, and the controls of the PlayStation 2 version upset me. I was pleased with the physics and the sheer detail of the world, but those things become a major concern when you start driving. The camera was never set just right, so you would always end up bumping into stuff and have an awful time getting yourself unstuck. (Start the mission over, do it a hundred more times). I found myself constantly tilting the right control stick up in order to see the road. These kinds of things made me happy that a PC version was coming.

I thought Rockstar would simply add a crosshair like they did last time. How wrong I was. They removed the auto-aiming entirely and didn't even put in an option to turn it back on. I like the fact that you are able to zoom in and strafe/manuver, but WHY do I have to hold a button in to do it? the camera system for cars is still messed up. It is slow when you don't touch the mouse and it still isn't tilted, and it is annoying when you're constantly touching the mouse. I just want a manual car camera, one that will allow me to see the road. If it is so realistic why do I have to stare at the ass of my car?

With the old PC controls San Andreas would have been amazing. The engine is so robust now, it makes me squeal. The driving physics are the greatest, stunting could have been the most realistic so far. But the camera... It just makes me sad about what could have been... At least there is a mod community out there. At least the game is made with the mod community in mind. If they don't fix it I -WILL-. I'm glad that some of you are happy with the controls. I wish I was. But don't tell me to fuck off and go play another game. I am happy about San Andreas but I am disappointed with the direction Rockstar decided to take the controls. They SHOULD HAVE added more options to further specialize the controls. The fact that they didn't has upset most of their fans and they have certainly upset me.

I would also like to point out that Rockstar actually says in the recommended system requirements that it is recommended that you use a joypad. This to me is just an excuse for not spending any time developing the controls for PC users in the first place. If you used a joypad (Not really designed for shooting anyway) it would have to be a PlayStation2 style joypad. The same people upset with the controls found the controls just as irratating on the PlayStation 2 version as well.

judging someones skills by favour of controls doesnt really work and the argument of "you just gotta get used to it" is obvious, were not here to bitch, were here to discuss

its just that mod ideas for mtasa on blue died for me cause of the new controls, what i always liked about mta was the fast paced gameplay with lots of movement but this died with the new controls and i cant get any adrenaline out of those controls, which is the reason im playing games in the first place, i guess ill stick to vice and/or make a petition for a patch by R*

We need to start that petition. Everything is great, except for 2 flaws. All they need to do is add a crosshair and choose if you want to drive with the mouse. I noticed that right clicking to aim isn't really an auto aim IMO. Once you lock on, you still have the ability to move around anywhere, making you drop the target and look somewhere else. And the only way to drive perfect is to drive slowly. I mean that you can't watch where your going with this manual camera, so it causes bad driving.

by the way Jigga,

the controls are easy to get use to, what i'm saying is what joker said, there shitty for the pc, rockstar didn't work on them at all. there is that little option for dpad and keyboard and mouse. thats where it fails the keyboard and mouse should of been more keyboard and mouse. not a Dpad to keyboard and mouse.

There isn't an auto-aim system as far as i know :? few messages not removed from the ps2 version maybe?

The new aiming system is great though - people are always wanting realism, having to stop to aim is realistic.

yes there is, you need to set it to classic mode, which in SA is joystick. ive been using my 8button joystick with autoaim

there is no crosshair, its got the aim+shoot function like sa on ps2, except for unlike gtavc for pc, you cant change the aiming mode.

:(

and banning chris for asking a few simple questions in irc was a bit out of line.

no its does gots a crosshair look:

right click and leave it holding and thats the crosshair look!! :2gunfire:

i only get that auto aim when my joybad is hooked on.

and i bet its got to be cancelled for mta:sa like it was for gta3 :)

The perfect driving camera angle is when you hit back view, lol try and drive backwarding by downhills :lol: (try and set it to 1 and 2 on num pad, its faster to change camera position and for shooting).

Im sure there must be some file in game data we would use to change the camera angle. Does someone knows which file would it be?

Im not familiarized with camera hacking stuff so if someone knows would give me or us some idea to try. It shoulnd't be hard to change a simple and trivial thing like driving camera angle i think. :)

Well I had some time to spare, so I did read the 5 pages. Damn there's quite a bit of whingeing & complaining, lol. Just happy I found a fair bit of complimenting on the game though.

Ok, I agree on:

a) the cross-hair not being there (except with right-click where your movement is "changed")

b) the car cam being too slow & low. Even if you press "v" it is still a bad view unless you get up big speed and it zooms away a little.

I also think the constant tapping of "W" to peddle on bike quick and the tapping of "space" to run is a bit stupid.

Now as for solutions to a) and b), well, a) is simple. Add a crosshair :)

b) however, I think an option that sets the camera angle at low and high speed would be nice. A higher value for low speed and lower value for high speeds. A distance for the camera would be good also, as it would be good to have a higher distance between the car & camera at higher speed. That's what I think R* should have put in.

I've only played SA on PC for about an hour, so I cannot comment on it fully, but so far, it was a lot easier on PS2, but it is to be expected to be easier on console (except manual aiming which is absolutely horrible without a mouse).

Yes, R* could have done a much better job, but I also think that there is more realism in GTA:SA, which is nice to see. So yes, a few disappointments, but mostly, it is damn awesome (especially how there's no "loading screen" between islands!!)

Anyway, that's my 2 cents worth. Comment on it if you like, but remember... It's only an opinion. :)

Yeah, I wanted to express how I felt without sounding like a San Andreas basher. I played the game for hundreds of hours, at least. Even after hour 100 I still couldn't get over how akward the controls + camera angles were on some parts of the game. The one mission that comes to mind is the RC helicopter mission. I used to own the hell out of SNOMANE when it came to helis in VC (Though he'll deny it) and I spent HOURS on the mission and never ended up beating it. It literally seemed IMPOSSIBLE given the short ammount of time with the combination of control and camera issues.

One of the reasons I was so bent out of shape when k00ner told me about the aiming was because of MTA's stance on the matter: "bring multiplayer to [GTA] not the other way around" <>>

Allright we all knew that camera in MTA:SA is suck but stop write this.

Hole topic is about this. Five page and any post i read someone write about this. I rather to play in MTA:VC because of this camera by the way :oops::roll:

Its good a cam hack will be out for SA, but I think the problem is that the way the reason why the controls are messed up is because its on manual aim. These controls are recommended to configure with the joypad mode. You can't lock on, and you are able to run around in circles when shooting. If there was the lock on mode in the mouse and keyboard option, the controls would be a lot better.

Someone is planning on making a camhack for SA.

http://toca.game-editing.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=260

Racer_S is very good at making camhacks!

http://toca.game-editing.net/files

There are +20 camhacks on there!!! I'd make one but I don't know how to find camera memory addresses only health, ammo and time etc.

I was actually gonna have him tutor me but after one lesson (explaining how he did all that NFSU2 trainer stuff), I just kinda fell off because I had other things I wanted to or had to do. Its a shame, hes got some brains, that one.

Edited by Guest