GTASA is gonna suck online

I agree camera views have sucked. I mean I understand realism but lets not screw up the camera in a desperate attempt to make it more realistic :P

I remember missing that high view from GTA3 and I adapted to Vice. Then I played GTASA for PS2 even further disappointed, with crappier views. I do hit things much more in GTASA unless I take the hood view, which I hate. I suppose it could be modded well though.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh My.. God..

I thought the whole point in GTA games taking so long to port to the PC was so that the devs can not only graphically enhance, but create a comfortable control system, similar to what we use in our third/first person games.

I dont want to learn to adjust, i shouldnt have to learn how to control a game on the pc thats controls were clearly designed for a PS2/Xbox controller...

I dont want an auto lock on, i want to be able to aim for myself, i dont want to have to stand still to get a zoomed in crosshair to shoot accurately while i get pumped full of holes.

Why scrap a system that works? this is something that certainly has to be patched, and i am going to try voice my dissapointment to the devs.

[.::*POSSIBLE FIX*::.]

I just fished around on some GTA forums looking for people with the same problem, and somebody said, IF YOU HOLD THE "DELETE" Key you get a permanent crosshair

If it dont work its not my problem and it was that person being an ass so dont hold me responsible, i havn't had a chance to try this yet..

Edited by Guest

theres a mission very early on where you have to test your shooting skills by shooting the cans and stuff, it says you hold down RMB to lock onto a target and then click LMB to shoot, and you can cycle through your targets by holding down RMB and moving the scroll wheel...but thats bs

theres a mission very early on where you have to test your shooting skills by shooting the cans and stuff, it says you hold down RMB to lock onto a target and then click LMB to shoot, and you can cycle through your targets by holding down RMB and moving the scroll wheel...but thats bs

Maybe that was for a different control mode?

Right well looks like the guy who gave me this "Fix" just told me the alternate key for RMB..

I cant believe they have given us such a noob aiming system... not even thought about by the looks of things.

The rockstar devs should at least give us the option of having a crosshair aiming system like VC and GTAIII, sure fine.. leave RMB aiming in so you can do the fancy crap like rolling around corners, but give us the option of aiming without it.

Also i am not feeling the cam angle when driving its so annoying i dont want my mouse to steer, and i dont want it to move the cam angle, whats wrong with making it optional and giving us an auto adjusting cam like VC's?? the driving cam in that was great.

I think if enough people mention this to the devs, they could include it with a future patch.

Also i am not feeling the cam angle when driving its so annoying i dont want my mouse to steer, and i dont want it to move the cam angle, whats wrong with making it optional and giving us an auto adjusting cam like VC's?? the driving cam in that was great.

I think if enough people mention this to the devs, they could include it with a future patch.

I know what you mean. I'm not a good driver anymore because of this camera angle. I was also hoping I could auto aim by clicking the RMB, and manual aim without anything. Yesterday, I just lost a fight to the boxer in the gym because of the horrible controls.

posted on gtaf in a last hopeless attempt http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=194472

this shit is ridiculous, i repent that i bought this game and theres 1 thing im sure, i aint going to play sa sp or mp (at least not for shooting) if R* doesnt release a patch

gotta check if i can send mails, if yes then ill try to get at least something into movement and if R* really cares a bit about their customers they should respond/take action, a petition is worthless imo cause im sure that almost everyone dislikes them ps2 controls

I dont even have it for PC so I cant right click, I speculated from what I have heard.

I've played it on pc and the controls are different than previous versions. It diddn't take long to find a controller set up that works well though. Actually now that I have the controls sorted out it I like it much better than the previous versions.

I agree camera views have sucked. I mean I understand realism but lets not screw up the camera in a desperate attempt to make it more realistic :P

I remember missing that high view from GTA3 and I adapted to Vice. Then I played GTASA for PS2 even further disappointed, with crappier views. I do hit things much more in GTASA unless I take the hood view, which I hate. I suppose it could be modded well though.

yeah on the ps2 game im constantly pulling the right analog stick to get a decent view, it sucked. i always thought they set the view at that angle because thats the angle you drive off of...but when you drive for realy, you look through a window and dont have a friggin car in the way that you cant see thru

EDIT: about holding down delete constantly, although i havent got sa on pc, on ps2 this WOULDNT allow you to enter buildings or do any interactive stuff

Edited by Guest

AUTO LOCK ON???? Jani u mus be playin some other game cause i don't know what the fuck ur talkin about. Don't start a thread based on total bullshit and get ppl that haven't even got the game thinkin its shit. All the ppl that can't adjust to the drivin controls (which is about a milimetre lower) move to another game or quit ur cryin and get used to it.

the driving is fine end of story.

in other news there is move forwards, backwards and left and right

there is not point in the mouse and keyboard. you can't use both at the same time like vice, who ever did this needs to be fired and the person who wrote the vice controls needs a raise and put back in charge of making a patch for the pc version.

edit - and yes you can move side to side if you hold down your second fire button but the AI do it, why can't you? with out holding down a button. witch then disabled you from doing anything but shooting it seems

Edited by Guest

I think the with-weapon controls are excellent, so many more movement options and WAY easier to aim accurately while on the move, awesome. Far from firing those responsible, they should be given a raise and a long weekend off :)

Driving view seems hardly any different to VC to me (you do all know you can change the default camera view right?) unless you move the mouse, then you will need to keep pointing it in the rght direction or wait a second for it to reset. The option to be able to freelook with the mouse when driving is excellent.

What?! Whats the problem? :? They're almost the same controls, easy to use, better if anything.

strafing speed is very slow with heavy weapons and you cant jump, in sp this might work well cause the npc's are retarded anyways but in mp its only about who has the weapon with greater range and if lets say both have an ak its just a matter of who got fire on the other guy first as missing someone whos moving with 3 mph is really hard

close combat lost its attraction too as it will be only consist of running around and shooting and trying to hit someone with a melee weapon with ps2 controls.. pfft

if they just left it like the vc aiming system with 1 button for rolling it would have been perfect

One thing i realized its that now you can't back walk, so you are more exposed to receive shots with out the possibility of aim/shoot.. this is the worst change about new aim system.

Mr Bump wrote:

The option to be able to freelook with the mouse when driving is excellent.

Amen that!

(Jump with parachute and rotate as more as you can, when landing hit f1.. nice bug @ R* guys :lol:) lol sry i just couldn't resist to say this.

yes, the only problem with controls is that u cant go back and shoot... and for the multiplayer... isn't that a fact that if u have more powerfull weapon with greater distance u have better chance of surviving :?: the whole problem with the system is that u just cant get used to it .... and the system itself is perfect (Luv 4 R*) 8)

yes, the only problem with controls is that u cant go back and shoot... and for the multiplayer... isn't that a fact that if u have more powerfull weapon with greater distance u have better chance of surviving :?: the whole problem with the system is that u just cant get used to it .... and the system itself is perfect (Luv 4 R*) 8)

If you have read the entyre threat you will realize that i like the new aim system, i was just pointing that lil fact..

and for the multiplayer... isn't that a fact that if u have more powerfull weapon with greater distance u have better chance of surviving :?:

What about face to face combat at robbers? ported to sa..

Will you still love it when you be playing online and you to be forced to back your enemy for him to shoot at your ass more easily? :P

You smell like one of those long distance noobs who just dont likes being power-owned on face to face.. :cry:

all i'm saying is the AI can do all the shit you can't that you could do in vc with out holding down a button witch really pisses me off. and in mupli player for most games that I have played there is a nice set of controls that (I don't understand why there was such a change in SA, when GTA 3 and Vice city where ported with good controls that made the mouse and keyboard on PC useful and SA was not :roll: ) I mean you can;e even walk backwards while facing front ever, and the FUCKING AI can. thats BS to the max. anyways

to all you poelpe that were wishing for a game to be really good at with a controller, here is your game.

Edit:

and I don't want a auto aim system that does not seem work anyways. I would rather aim for my self.