GTASA is gonna suck online

there is no crosshair, its got the aim+shoot function like sa on ps2, except for unlike gtavc for pc, you cant change the aiming mode.

:(

and banning chris for asking a few simple questions in irc was a bit out of line.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you dont see it as a problem as in...?

as in you will mod it to work properly? or we just gotta live with it?

im the one who pointed this out on teamspeak to jani after first playing the game on the pc... it is really annoying i hope it wont be released like that :S and if it is..wow its sure gonna be diffrent/wierd to shoot people.

So.. its gonna be like free aim but no crosshair? Lock on sure would suck. Although you can pull some neat roll manuevers and strife manuevers.

there IS a crosshair, you just have to hold right mouse button to aim. which is not so bad.

So.. its gonna be like free aim but no crosshair? Lock on sure would suck. Although you can pull some neat roll manuevers and strife manuevers.

there IS a crosshair, you just have to hold right mouse button to aim. which is not so bad.

that acually isnt that bad...

lock on aiming sucks, though.

suprised at san andreas this time....this really sucks.

We're making online San Andreas - if San Andreas doesn't have a cross hair in certain circumstances, then neither will we. Mods of course could add one if they wanted...

do you think one could mod it so its like vc on standard controls was?

i dont want a crosshair, i want the controls that every good 3rd person pc shooter game has, like max payne, vc etc.. :?

Dont see how just adding crosshairs will work, you cant manually aim the gun while in normal view.

Also you dont really have to control the chase camera. It moves by itself, but its very slow.

Thats what I was thinking. Like combat, but without the aim aid. That would be interesting.

I think this pesimistic view is based on the current core where 3rd person isn't synced. Is this still not synced in blue?

If the aiming is different in SA that is only a problem for LC/VC people who are unable to adapt. I would get in single player and figure out how you are going to aim or get ready to get all full of holes when this is released.

If this is made VC style though a mod that is fine but if not it's not the end of the world.

saying it's going to suck because of the crosshair is like throwing out a million dollars because it was all in ones... (for the slow, I mean it's stupid)

you also have to control the chase camera when your driving a car, and they are very difficult to control (the cars)

wow, did you even play the game? don't touch the mouse, cam just stays behind the cars

and cars aren't difficutl to control, they're just more realistic

yeah but when you dont touch your mouse and let it auto move the camera, it is slow like gamefreek said, and its way to low.

it should be easy to make a crosshair mod to make gameplay simular to vc, and since im guessing the first release for mta:sa is gonna be on the blue core it should be moddable.

Not exactly, on the whole, the worst change for me its where camera is located now when driving, i mean, now it has been lowed to the ground so now you see more car and less road.

The camera is more behind the car instead of a panoramic view of all what you got in front or around you so its easier to crash when cornering or dipping.

About the new aim system..

It has been changed so what?.. why dont you guys just adaptate yourself to this fact?..

Anyways, i dont see it that bad. Of course i love more the vc aim system than sa's one, but as i said, its not that horrible.. :? .