wohhoooo

s0beit

The forums seem really deserted some presumably most people are playing it. Us Europeans however have to wait until the 10th (as always *sigh*).

err not me :o

its out here since today, got mine reserved and gonna pick it up tomorrow :)

those of you with SA should post some screenshots that you took. Would be cool, maybe if youve found something different from PS2.

does better gfx count as different? :P

some screens i took on max res (only 16bit tho) and 3x aa

my specs:

p4 2.6ghz

geforce Ti4200 128mb

256mb ram x_X

the game still runs better then expected on max settings on my crappy sytem, my fps were about 20 lowest maybe 10 so 10-20

WARNING huge pictures:

16qi.th.jpg

27rz1.th.jpg

33hn.th.jpg

48jt.th.jpg

58gj.th.jpg

63jv.th.jpg

77dp.th.jpg

ps: those screens lost alot of quality while going from the game into photoshop so just imagine those pics like 2x better looking ;P

those of you with SA should post some screenshots that you took. Would be cool, maybe if youve found something different from PS2.

does better gfx count as different? :P

some screens i took on max res (only 16bit tho) and 3x aa

/me steals rebel's video card.

im stuck with a 9200.

My computer is a P4 2.4, with 768MB RAM. This computer smokes Vice City, but in SA, im worried about the way my Vid Card will perform, GeForce 4 MX440, except this one has Dual VGA ports for Two Monitors. The single VGA is $60 at wallmart. 64MB per monitor, whether both are plugged in or not. Im sure it will be fine, if SA can run on 256MB Ram compared to 768 lo.

My computer is a P4 2.4, with 768MB RAM. This computer smokes Vice City, but in SA, im worried about the way my Vid Card will perform, GeForce 4 MX440, except this one has Dual VGA ports for Two Monitors. The single VGA is $60 at wallmart. 64MB per monitor, whether both are plugged in or not. Im sure it will be fine, if SA can run on 256MB Ram compared to 768 lo.

wow, odd your computer is almost exactly the same except for cpu, i have a 2.8 ghz. I'll install it on both my pc's and tell you.

Well, I'm planning to run it on a laptop so if it doesn't work, I have no way of upgrading it. It's fairly fast though - P4 2.6, 512 MB RAM, both of which exceed the requirements. The video card though is a 64 MB Geforce FX which is the minimum requirement so I'm not certain how well it will run.

my computer is more than fast enough to run GTA3 and VC, but for some reason, they just dont like computer - especially GTA3. i get major slowdowns and stutters when cars are crashing into stuff on screen or poles are falling, or fences, etc.

i hope they fixed this in SA and i will get smoother performance. :P

Actually, on alot of the newer laptops, you can take out the Video Card and put in a better one. But you got to worry about taking it apart right and making sure everything is right when it getsput back together. You also want to make sure you dont pull any of the data plugs out of the motherboard, because some cables cant be put back in. A 64MB card should be fine, alot of games only use 64MB of vid ram anyway.

Actually, on alot of the newer laptops, you can take out the Video Card and put in a better one. But you got to worry about taking it apart right and making sure everything is right when it getsput back together. You also want to make sure you dont pull any of the data plugs out of the motherboard, because some cables cant be put back in. A 64MB card should be fine, alot of games only use 64MB of vid ram anyway.

That doesn't sound like the kind of thing that works very often and you also have to think about the extra power consumption that a faster card may have.

Edit: Oh btw, Oyst3r, Take 2 have updated their FAQ with info about the Geforce 4 MX:

http://www.take2games.com/index.php?p=s ... ection=faq

I got it this morning and tried it out and it seems to work fine on my laptop, running at a decent FPS at 800x600x32. Strangely the cop car in the opening movie seemed to judder as it moved (much like when you're a passenger in a car in MTA) but once in game, everything was fine.

i just got SA a few days ago, and the graphics really do look a bit better than the PS2 version.

i can get some low FPS sometimes though. this seems to happen mostly during missions. in fact, when im doing a mission it often drops down to under 20 fps, but when im just driving around or shooting cops it stays at around 30.

something else that's strange is that the keyboard and mouse inputs seem delayed. even when im getting smooth frames (in the 30's and 40's), it seems like the cars just dont react right away when i turn. the same might be true on foot, but i need to play around with it some more to make sure.

im having a few sound problems with it too - both using 5.1 speakers and headphones. often times during a mission where people are inside your car talking, their voices are either too quiet or totally unhearable. also, i just noticed today when i was doing amulance missions that at some points the cars engine would go quiet and i would only hear the stuff thats going on outside.

the thing that bothers me most though, is the crashes. the game crashed 3 times in the last two days.

when (or if) i get these issues sorted out, i think it should be a really enjoyable game though.

Sounds like audio isues error404, try different drivers and settings, fences used to slow my gta3 to a crawl before I tweaked a little
interesting.. will disabling hardware acceleration take out the possible audio problems, so that i can see whether or not thats the problem?
something else that's strange is that the keyboard and mouse inputs seem delayed. even when im getting smooth frames (in the 30's and 40's), it seems like the cars just dont react right away when i turn. the same might be true on foot, but i need to play around with it some more to make sure.

I get that. It seems like the faster you drive, the less responsive the steering is when in real life it's the other way round.