3 problems with my server... Please.. help...

CancerousBanana

Question

Hello ! 

First of all, i'm sorry for my bad English.

So, i started creating a French MTA DayZ server...

And i got 3 problems i need to fix..

But this is my first server so i really don't know how to do.

And i REALLY hope someone will help me :( 

First problem:  I wanted to make only one wallpaper on the login page.. so i deleted lines in meta.xml (like 
    <file src="images/background_2.png"/> , <file src="images/background_3.png"/> etc...) 691995Capture.png

and i deleted wallpapers in the image folder..

845018Capturegrdg.png

but when i login, others wallpapers are still there...

2nd problem: Local chat doesn't work at all...

When i type something, it does nothing :/

Third problem (And the most important!) : 

I would really like to know how to edit these settings forever.... (where the hell is located the file to configure this :(, i need this stupid debug monitor xD)

757558Sanstitre.png 

Thanks you.

10 answers to this question

If you've deleted everything (lines in meta.xml and images) then all you need to do is /restart 'resourceName' to apply changes :P

About the second thing, no idea. We'll need the full code I guess.

And the third, there's probably some .xml file which holds the default values. Sadly I've never worked with anything other than Race gamemode so you'll have to figure where it is on your own. TIP: Open Notepad++, press CTRL+LShift+F, select your server's directory and type one of the setting's name in the "Find what:" box, now hit Enter. This way you'll find all files which contain that setting and there's a good chance you'll find the defaultsettings.xml (just example name, idk real xd) one which holds the initial values :)

• Like 1
3 hours ago, koragg said:

If you've deleted everything (lines in meta.xml and images) then all you need to do is /restart 'resourceName' to apply changes :P

About the second thing, no idea. We'll need the full code I guess.

And the third, there's probably some .xml file which holds the default values. Sadly I've never worked with anything other than Race gamemode so you'll have to figure where it is on your own. TIP: Open Notepad++, press CTRL+LShift+F, select your server's directory and type one of the setting's name in the "Find what:" box, now hit Enter. This way you'll find all files which contain that setting and there's a good chance you'll find the defaultsettings.xml (just example name, idk real xd) one which holds the initial values :)

First of all thx a lot for helping me ! :D

The first problem is fixed :D

The 2nd: full code? what do u need? 

Third problem: FIXED TOO YEAAAA

Thx a lot dude :D

Edit: Btw, do i need to reload all the time i edit a ressource?

Edited by Dutchman101
Removed solliciting hoster advertisement

2nd problem: Local chat doesn't work at all...

When i type something, it does nothing :/

You mean MTA's normal chat or a custom made chat? If it's the second, post the full script of the custom chat (client and server parts).

Edit: Btw, do i need to reload all the time i edit a ressource?

Yes. Restarting a resource forces everyone to re-download and re-start the resource so that it's up to date with the changes.

Edited by Dutchman101
Removed hoster advertisement
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, koragg said:

You mean MTA's normal chat or a custom made chat? If it's the second, post the full script of the custom chat (client and server parts).

Yes. Restarting a resource forces everyone to re-download and re-start the resource so that it's up to date with the changes.

I'm currently using www.limitlessrpg.com as my host and am quite satisfied with everything. It's a free host and you only need to post on their forum to keep your server online. 20 posts each month between 1 and 15 to have a 25 slot server, 25 posts for 30 slot one, etc.

But since few days ago their site isn't working at all so you'll need to wait until they fix it before requesting a host from them.

Yea i think its the normal chat..

608402Sanstitre.png

Really? a free host?

You think i would get a good ping in France? xD 

And do u know if i need to secure something on my server? (i don't want someone destroy it '-')

Thx again bro :P

Edited by CancerousBanana

No idea about chat.

Yea, a free host ^^ My server is hosted in France and my ping is between 50 and 80 which is awesome. 

I won't say that my server is the most secure one xD Heck, i didn't even put any security resources in it, just one anti-hack preventing players from using modified vehicles. Who will waste time trying to ruin a server though? If a person has that knowledge i think that he'll just create his own server instead lol

Edited by koragg
IP can be found on my site: http://www.knightridersmta.tk
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, koragg said:

No idea about chat.

Yea, a free host ^^ My server is hosted in France and my ping is between 50 and 80 which is awesome. 

I won't say that my server is the most secure one xD Heck, i didn't even put any security resources in it, just one anti-hack preventing players from using modified vehicles. Who will waste time trying to ruin a server though? If a person has that knowledge i think that he'll just create his own server instead lol

Nice :D

Thx for all dude ^^

so, do u know where can from the chat problem? x)

No idea about chat.

I see you've got some 'Global chat' resource too, probably something is messing with the main chat, you can make a topic in "Scripting" section and post code of the chat resource since it looks like that it's a resource bug (might be wrong).

• Like 1
4 hours ago, StormFighter said:

koragg may be right about the global chat thingy. It is possible, that the global chat blocks the basic chat of MTA, so you can't say anything, in case if you don't use the global chat.

I disabled the global chat and i still cant speak in local x)