Dayz how to make base for group

H1dden

Are you new to LUA? If you are, then this might be a problem. But I'll try and give you a push into the right direction. First of all, u can search it on google (gate). If you don't find anything, then try and create your own.

Do something like moveObject. Make the gate for example open for the team ''US Army'' only. You do that by checking in what team the player is, and if the team is ''US Army'', the object moves. Hope that helps.

Edited by marty000123
  • Administrators

Please disregard the information posted by @Rudransh

You can't make a move-able gate in the map editor which only responds to a certain user or group. 

I'm afraid you're going to need to learn about Lua, or pay someone to do this for you. If you are new to scripting, I did recently advise someone on how to get started. See the link below!

Good luck.

@Rudransh is right in a way that you can use a plugin to create movable objects via Map Editor. Not sure how it works or if you would be able to lock it down to teams, but if he feels like trying out the plugin, here's the link: https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/Resource:Editor/Plugins the bottom one, or direct link to said resource: https://community.multitheftauto.com/index.php?p=resources&s=details&id=1224

With minimal knowledge, this topic will definitely help you write the code 'yourself': 

Edited by pa3ck
2 hours ago, LopSided_ said:

Please disregard the information posted by @Rudransh

You can't make a move-able gate in the map editor which only responds to a certain user or group. 

I'm afraid you're going to need to learn about Lua, or pay someone to do this for you. If you are new to scripting, I did recently advise someone on how to get started. See the link below!

Good luck.

I think you didnt read what i said...
if you are only talking about gate that is done by scripting

This is what i said... I dont think so that i am wrong?
Also, as said by pa3ck plugin is another way. Also why i told him about "Mapping thing" is cuz his title says "how to make a base for group" and inside he is talking about the "gate" too. So i just cleared both of his doubts in my opinion. @LopSided_

Edited by Rudransh