Umm, how come i have no Audio in Gta-vc?

Guest jellocube

No audio whatsoever, in the movie-like clips:No gameplay: no

I go to options and it says no audio hardware and when i go to the audio files, theyre all there but there are non in MP3, don't really wanna re-install cause i borrowed from my cuz in L.A. but im in Canada.

Well, its a problem with your hardware setup, as it says. I've had that many years ago, I think. I can't remember what the solution was, but I'd try updating or reinstalling your sound card drivers.

but i have audio for everything else, so i really dunt think its my audio hardware and while someone's actually listining to me (Thank you so much btw) do u know why whenever i try to patch my game, it syas the gta-vc is an unknown version? I mean i got the legit version (well my cuz has) so then y?

You can't have the "legit" version if you don't have the CD. You must be using the NO-CD patch (which is illegal in your case) and anyway, the patch doesn't fix any audio issues.

Check your sound drivers and try deleting gta-vc.set in My Documents\GTA Vice City User Files.

You can't have the "legit" version if you don't have the CD. You must be using the NO-CD patch (which is illegal in your case) and anyway, the patch doesn't fix any audio issues.

Isn't some of the audio on the CD itself? Things like the radio and possibly cut scenes. That would mean that unless you copied the audio file to the Vice City directory the No-CD patch would have that effect.

Yeh i had the exact same problem a while back, its nothing to do wit ur audio hardware, the error is caused by the no-cd patch. Jus reinstall ur game and make sure u check the box which says "Install GTA radio station files" then u can apply the patch and everything will be back to normal.