HELP! GAME CRASHES AFTER LOADING

Guest jellocube

Really pissed right now cant start Multi Theft Auto game n play. I press start game after all the joining stuff then it goes to GTA-VC I go to new game then press Multi Theft Auto, then it loads THEN *POOF* the screen goes back to my desktop where MTA is still there but Gta-vc is gone. I tried patching but it said my .exe of GTA-Vc was an unknown version. HHHHEELLLLPPPP :(

Well I have the same problem as jellocube yet I do have computer speakers and they work fine except for in game. Any possible solutions?

I did check the Known Issues and it says that I have to play VC at least once in single player before downloading MTA. I did this however. Or do you have to play the game and make a save before trying to play MTA

Well I have the same problem as jellocube yet I do have computer speakers and they work fine except for in game. Any possible solutions?

I did check the Known Issues and it says that I have to play VC at least once in single player before downloading MTA. I did this however. Or do you have to play the game and make a save before trying to play MTA

I had a problem on my old computer with the detection of audio hardware in VC. The main problem was that my old sound card was still installed so while sound worked fine outside of VC, the game couldn't recognise either of the sound cards.

Check your device manager for any errors (I'm sure you know how to get into the device manager; if not just holler :P) and check under the Sound/Video/Game Controllers icon to check. If you do indeed have two different sound cards installed, disable or uninstall one and restart MTA.

If this doesn't solve it, or you can't find more than one sound card in your device manager, or if you previously upgraded from an onboard sound card to a newer sound card (e.g. the Audigy 2), your motherboard BIOS may be loading up your onboard sound card still, even if windows has disabled it. To rectify that, go into the BIOS by pressing DEL when you first switch on your machine. On the BIOS menu, go into Integrated Peripherals, and make sure any Sound devices are disabled (don't worry, you won't manage to disable a card in an expansion slot from this menu).

Save the settings and exit, and retry MTA. Don't forget, if you don't know what you're doing, never mess with the BIOS. One wrong button, and your computer will not work.

I hope I've helped.

I have exacly the same problem, i bought Vice city, installed it, installed the 1.1 patch... game runs fine in single player mode and i had no problems with running gta 3 but now i want to play vice city it just crashed back into windows.... gets to the loading screen and soon as the loading bar hits 100% straight back injto windows. Its nothing to do with my sound as i can hear the ingame sounds coming threough my speakers and my sound card is set-up fine,... im using 0.5 mta and 1.1 vc, any ideas anyone? thanks

• 2 weeks later...