a mod of mta?

k00ner

Question

is modding mta without bypassing crc checks considered cheating? i dont mean modding like omg flying fire truck modding i mean like adding timestamps to all text in mta etc. more stuff like that, thats not actually cheating and can be distributed right?

If you've made a program that works with MTA, please show it to us before releasing. If it doesn't interfere with MTA or GTA files, game play or give players a competitive advantage, I doubt theres a problem. Either send one of us a message on the forums or visit on IRC.

ok i have a timestamp addon and color coding clan stuff that is an external exe, i wont be releasing it until i know its allowed. but i wont send it to you yet until its complete w/ a interface etc.

but i have another question, what about a program that logs into mta under a name you specify and is like a pedestrian ai type thing? (note: not those bots you see that fly around) actually walks on sidewaks and will shoot you if you touch it.

The former sounds interesting, my only reservations being the effect 'unofficial' colour coding had in 0.2, files overwritten and added instability. So it, like anythign else, would nedd major testing as well as clearance.

The second sounds like it has a much higher potential for abuse, both direct and indirect and I find it doubtful we would approve of something along those lines. An offline AI bot opponent however, if you can find a way to ensure that there is absolutely no possibility of it being compatible with online play, would be quite exciting and most welcome.

i guess i can make it only connect to 127.0.0.1 all other ips are rejected.

edit:

btw how would it get abused bump? what do you mean by this? it "can" be compatible with online play, but i guess if it is violating something in the eula i will disable it.

i guess i can make it only connect to 127.0.0.1 all other ips are rejected.

edit:

btw how would it get abused bump? what do you mean by this? it "can" be compatible with online play, but i guess if it is violating something in the eula i will disable it.

Maybe if its exclusive to your server, and other trusted people, I don't think it will be abused.

You mean if we made something and showed you it, if it didn't give anyone an unfair advantage... you'd support it?

Adding timestamps is a cool idea but I'm curious how it was done without modifying the client (this includes memory hacking it which isn't possible without unpacking it and a few other things which i'm sure definatly wouldn't be supported by the mta team) .. subclassing perhaps?

I know many people do not like changes of 0.5. Some people would like a few changes into 0.5 such as normal stubby damage, normal M60 damage, robber spawn at prawn island, jumping with the stubby, and maybe the spaz return, but with less ammo. These changes only take a few minutes anyway.

Would it be possible to make a special 0.5 version with these changes if the demand is high?

I know many people do not like changes of 0.5. Some people would like a few changes into 0.5 such as normal stubby damage, normal M60 damage, robber spawn at prawn island, jumping with the stubby, and maybe the spaz return, but with less ammo. These changes only take a few minutes anyway.

Would it be possible to make a special 0.5 version with these changes if the demand is high?

no, they made these changes for a reason and wont see it any other way.

and dont twist my post into something untrue, it could take mere minutes to do this, you just will not.

also, reguardless if its by demand or whatnot....i dont see the point of a seperate mode either.

You mention it to a team member and he will bring it in front of the rest of the Team for discussion.

Mr Bump i sent you a pm the other day can you please respond..

boozer mod? well it only give the disadvantage to you lol.

anyways....

gtag.gamecrush.co.uk

you may be suprized when im done with this one.

i havent had much time to complete my stuff due to other work i gotta do, anyways sobeit thats a great idea, damn cant belive i didnt think about that.

so basicly if you have played any real fps online games or mmorpgs its like that right?

nprotect , punkbuster?

so it starts up with mta and can totaly fuck u over if u hack lol. now question is how exactly would this be done?

unless im completly wrong and its some sorta server side thing which would be real interesting.

mta would need to change in there future versions of mta to make this start up with it , that is the only way what im thinking of is possible. cuz if it was just a addon extra program that monitors what you do, then about 100% of the people wouldnt want to use it lol.

i havent had much time to complete my stuff due to other work i gotta do, anyways sobeit thats a great idea, damn cant belive i didnt think about that.

so basicly if you have played any real fps online games or mmorpgs its like that right?

nprotect , punkbuster?

so it starts up with mta and can totaly :o u over if u hack lol. now question is how exactly would this be done?

unless im completly wrong and its some sorta server side thing which would be real interesting.

mta would need to change in there future versions of mta to make this start up with it , that is the only way what im thinking of is possible. cuz if it was just a addon extra program that monitors what you do, then about 100% of the people wouldnt want to use it lol.

there is a GTAG server being coded in unix © and win32 (vb6)

the client will be coded in VB6, and it will scan GTA's memory for speedhacks (that client-side speed ive been talking about..)

health hacks, armor (hacks i guess), weapon and ammo hacking.

it has a 5 step system....

1) IP kick

2) second violation using GTAG, IP ban.

3) if the problem persists, ban by GTAG serial

4) ban by HDD master drive serial number.

5) not saying, security reasons.

it does NOT TOUCH MTA's NETCODE...

(except the admin connection, it kicks and bans form the server...)

the netcode will be as secure as i can make it.

and i wont give away the details, but if you hack...im confident you will be banned from a GTAG secure server.

(also, you cannot join a GTAG server without the GTAG client, how am i doing this without using MTA's netcode? simple...i will not explain.)

hopefully i can keep my friends and try my best at this as well...lol.

the system will not accept reports of hacking (i.e. BAN THIS GUY HE HAX)

it will rest only on GTAG's ability to catch people hacking...

if they are never caught, there isnt much we will be able to do.

also, i plan to implement a set of shiney commands for the win32 "smart server" user....

im TRYING to implement taking screenshots of a remote computer's screen. (while VC is opened, of course.)

for pausing, possibly speedhacks etc..

so bascily like i said punkbuster for mta :lol:

how will mta like the fact that theres another "mta" client :S mods /devs?

i on the other hand think its a great idea, it will tottaly poon all hackers, we were talking about this in ts about a month ago when playing americas army (which had punkbuster) .

i think it should be allowed. mta team?

Edited by Guest