How to pass server Timer to client ?

Fist

As title says, how can i pass timer that has been created on server side to the client? I tried doing with setElementData(element,"timer",timer) as it is synced between server and client but when i tried to get timer with getElementData(element,"timer") on client it returned nothing but when i try it on server side, all works. Any solutions?

23 minutes ago, NeXuS™ said:

What do you need the timer for?

To get how much time is left in timer to show it on screen for client and timer is being used on server side to tell when end Round.

Edited by Fist

Easily, you could trigger a starting function to the client side whenever the round starts with an integer as an argument which represents the length of the round. After, you can use getTickCount to calculate the remaning time.

Edited by NeXuS™
25 minutes ago, NeXuS™ said:

Easily, you could trigger a starting function to the client side whenever the round starts with an integer as an argument which represents the length of the round. After, you can use getTickCount to calculate the remaning time.

no need for getTickCount, there is function to get remaining time and other info about timer with getTimerDetails. + i already did that, but i thought it was possible to do this way and then code looks way cleaner which i like more but looks like it's not possible.

1 hour ago, ZoRRoM said:

Where is element defined?

You must use resourceRoot.

setElementData(resourceRoot,...)

what? Why resourceRoot? I created element dummy that i use to sync data between client and server when i need to.

• 2 months later...