Cop Colt45 [Progress]

DeValdi

Hey guys!

Some time ago I started a post where I asked you how I can shoot the Colt45 (pistol) like SP cops do.

Since this post, MTA developers still have't acknowledged or added this feature:

https://bugs.multitheftauto.com/view.php?id=7345

https://bugs.multitheftauto.com/view.php?id=8396

Now, I have two questions:

1. Is there any way I can let the developers know that this feature is highly requested by the RP Community or make this feature a thing soon in any other way?

2. Are there any new possibilities added that can be used as workarounds?

All support is highly appreciated! :)

19 hours ago, ThatsMe said:

SetPedWalkingStyle doesn't work
Funnily enough Cop walkstyle is something like Colt45 Skill on "5000" but it doesn't work by setting it to this value

I know, there is also a 'P' parameter in the weapon.dat file which when set to 3 activates Cop Skill...

1 hour ago, 3aGl3 said:

My first though was to export the cop animations from the game and load them instead of the default colt anims but EngineLoadIFP has been disabled.

Maybe it would be possible to change the players animation to the cop anims, using setPedAnimation, when he aims and shoots though?

Wouldn't this look like the player aims and shoots "gangsta style" and the animation gets played afterwards?

On 29.04.2017 at 14:40, DeValdi said:

I know, there is also a 'P' parameter in the weapon.dat file which when set to 3 activates Cop Skill...

Wouldn't this look like the player aims and shoots "gangsta style" and the animation gets played afterwards?

Isn't "P" weapon flags? because every weapon has its own flag , and one of them is gangsta aim

On 29.04.2017 at 12:49, 3aGl3 said:

My first though was to export the cop animations from the game and load them instead of the default colt anims but EngineLoadIFP has been disabled.

Maybe it would be possible to change the players animation to the cop anims, using setPedAnimation, when he aims and shoots though?

There's an alternate way

use setweaponproperty flags to set gangsta aim to False , then set normal aiming to true
Turn on gta3.img mods
replace colt45.ifp animations
end (except that its client side)

2 hours ago, ThatsMe said:

Isn't "P" weapon flags? because every weapon has its own flag , and one of them is gangsta aim

There's an alternate way

use setweaponproperty flags to set gangsta aim to False , then set normal aiming to true
Turn on gta3.img mods
replace colt45.ifp animations
end (except that its client side)

I haven't found any "P" flag under setWeaponProperty... (https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/SetWeaponProperty)

Also, what do you mean with "set gangsta aim to False, then set normal aiming to true"? I only see the option "flag_aim_arm".

Edited by DeValdi
18 hours ago, ThatsMe said:

^ Yes , thats it
And im saying that P flag is in weapon.dat

Here's improved version of what i wanted to say:

0x000004 - uses 1st person aim - False

0x000008 - can only use free aiming - True

Then edit colt45.ifp and replace normal aim with cop aim

Doesn't work. First of all, the animation doesn't run smoothly and the characters arms aren't on the pistol grip when I'm not aiming in a specific direction. Secondly, you can only change ped models in gta3.img...

BTW, why did you used those flags, 1st person aim is normally off and free aiming doesn't change anything...

1 hour ago, ThatsMe said:

You actually can change stuff in gta3.img

You need to enable "Use modified files" in settings
I know because i did it before (Using modified animations like Rifle.ifp , Colt45.Ifp and also Ped.ifp from anims folder)

And what would that do for the sake of the question asked?
The OP wants to change the style the gun is used, for a RP server as far as I understood. Changing things in your gta3.img will only be visible for you.

1 hour ago, 3aGl3 said:

And what would that do for the sake of the question asked?
The OP wants to change the style the gun is used, for a RP server as far as I understood. Changing things in your gta3.img will only be visible for you.

100 Points right sir! But as far as I have seen, there is no other way of doing this.

BTW, is there an option to FORCE my gta3.img to all clients?

3 hours ago, ThatsMe said:

You actually can change stuff in gta3.img

You need to enable "Use modified files" in settings
I know because i did it before (Using modified animations like Rifle.ifp , Colt45.Ifp and also Ped.ifp from anims folder)

Ok, but the animation still doesn't work (at least when I trid in SP). This is what I did:

1) I opened gta3.img with "IMG Tool" and extracted the "colt45.ifp" file

2) I opened the "colt45.ifp" file with "GTA Animation Manager"

3) I found 7 Animation within this file, two of them are named "colt45_fire" and "colt45_fire_2hands". I pretty much just replaced the first one with the second one.

After I replaced the original "colt45.ifp" file inside gta3.img with my modified one, I joined SP. When I started aiming the aiming the Colt45, the left arm of the Player is really off-set if I'm not aiming at the left-hand corner (play the animation in MTA once and you'll know what I mean). What have I done wrong??

Thx for all the help so far!

Edited by DeValdi