Stuttering and fps drops ingame!

Getrag

Question

Hello! My mta and samp(dont get triggered) has lags(my fps doesnt go up after drop its stays on lower fps until there are less objects that dont belong to original game)  and stutters when its loading map textures like dm or race, even rpg servers with mods.

My specs are: fx6300 no OC, gtx750/nonTI, 8gb of hyper x ram all combined on cheap asrock 960gm-vgs3fx mobo

My standard GTA SA runs fine and loads everything perfectly but when I play mta or samp the fps just isnt smooth.

My pc should run mta without a problem but I do feel the textures and newly added objects  are torturing my hardware even tho my ram is going to 3gb of usage and my cpu has a newly bought aftermarket cooler.

When fps drops its so noticable it doesnt looks good even happens when I put lower settings ingame. Would really appreciate some help. Servers like FFS and need for speed or any rpg server loads every mb or gb it requires and still it lags. Would really appreciate the help!

20 answers to this question

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team

Your OS seems to be well-maintained, I would say;

- Faulty HDD (resulting in low read speeds for GTA data files/mods)

- GTA SA bad installation (what I see is a pre-modded GTA with heavy mods and CLEO + custom CLEO gta_sa launcher)

The last option would also explain your experience of lag while modded stuff is loading, who knows if those are server mods, maybe some bad mods in your GTA installation (with bad I mean taking up much load due to bad modelling) cause the lag, for example the server you mentioned where you get lag, FFS, doesn't really have much mods afaik and especially not world/environment ones (if at all, vehicles) so your GTA SA client mods lagging everything is more likely

I don't know how much you value that very modded GTA installation but I advise you to re-install with a clean, official GTA SA. It will almost for sure fix the problem.

About the earlier mentioned HDD reading speeds;

Get the most recent AMD chipset driver: https://www2.ati.com/drivers/amd-chipset-drivers-software-17.10rcp22-apr17.zip and install it

After installing, go to Device manager and check if your IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers AHCI/SATA driver has been updated/raised in version (you might want to check prior what the old version was) and tell me because if it doesn't automatically update, we'll use another method (often it doesnt auto-update with chipset driver package install..)

After that, update your motherboard BIOS (be careful, no power cuts, own risk) as your mobo had lag troubles before I could find related to it (the update brings performance improvements to the system in general): ftp://europe.asrock.com/BIOS/AM3+/960GM-VGS3 FX(1.40)WIN.zip

Edited by Dutchman101

Thank you for inspecting the log. Also how would you describe my gta as heavily modded? Cleo I dont use for object or texture mods. In cleo I have damage informer, gun render and ghetto tower v2 not mods(like mini programs). In sampfuncs I have nothing they are just installed because they are needed to run cleo. And my only modification is a skin for desert eagle which is modifed hud.txd the rest is original game files. Link for chipset drivers says this: Download not complete. You were linked to this download from a site outside of AMD.com
Since we do not allow downloads through sites outside of AMD.com, please download your file directly from our site. We want to make sure you have the right driver for your device and operating system. I dont really know what to download, because site doesnt give me link to that zipped file I dont know what to download all I find is graphics drivers. About bios update how safe is that seems hard to do and dangerous?

Edited by Getrag
  • MTA Anti-Cheat Team

For the chipset driver, my bad, download from here: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/chipset?os=Windows+10+-+64 (first one)

The BIOS is safe unless you pull the power cord, and pretty simple aslong you follow the wizard (it's a Windows flashtool, as hard as installing a driver..)

About your GTA mods, it doesn't matter CLEO won't work in MTA, it's about the fact your GTA was pre-modded for CLEO and thus who knows how many files were modified. It's some kind of custom release, probably more modified than you're aware of (or custom game files that aren't mods to texures but cause problems) so please just follow my advice and try with a clean GTA SA.

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team
1 hour ago, Getrag said:

The driver for chipset didnt update says 2006, and I updated my bios to newest version. Clean installed Gta: https://pastebin.mtasa.com/114286596

I noticed a signal of possible system issues on the MTADiag log (with wmi, which is known to cause tiny lag spikes and may involve services like MTA's, when it fails to communicate with the OS through a local tunnel) Also that a driver made for your chipset fails to install with a vague error demonstrates system level issues.

Download this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i5wnabnrouamx2e/fixmgmt.bat?dl=1

and then rightclick > Run as administrator. That .bat files incorporates several fixes to your OS, we'll find out if the issues I suspected are related by noticing it's fixed or not.

After running the .bat file, restart your PC, and try MTA again to see if it resolved. If not, get back to me.

Edited by Dutchman101

After running bat file my pc was frezzed for 30sec when I went to restart it. I dont know if thats normal after running a file like that if it just takes time to load I was removing all programs I had on there was a freeze everytime I clicked something. Took like 1min to be stable so I can normally restart pc. I tested mta first server I was going to test was ffs and it was going fine didnt notice any stutter or fps drop except when map loads. Then I went on the other server Need for speed where it used to lag. There is where I got some 0.5sec freezes with 10-20fps drops the going back to normal every 10-30sec or even a minute sometimes. It was stabile but it seemed that its still loading the game.

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team
11 minutes ago, Getrag said:

It was stabile but it seemed that its still loading the game.

Good to hear that both FFS and a server previously lagging run more stable now without the issue. But what do you mean with ''it seemed that its still loading the game'' ?

Restart once more.

Then go to Start > run > type ''services.msc'' and navigate to Windows Firewall and Windows Update services. Right-click both, and then Properties tab, then select startup mode 'Automatic' and hit the ''start'' button to start services.

After that, open commandprompt (cmd) and type this: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Let it complete, and then restart your PC.

After PC is booted up again, open commandprompt (cmd) once more, and type this time: sfc /scannow and let that run.

Once sfc scan completed, restart PC once more, and then try out MTA again.

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team
30 minutes ago, Getrag said:

I did everything from the post after sfc it said: Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

Went on need for speed server to test it and its lagging worse than before its more noticable.

That can't be from the DISM or SFC scan if it found nothing.. and one step back you said it was improved. Weird..

Please;

1: get Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) here: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

2: run DDU and let it completely remove your graphics drivers (make sure to select Nvidia in dropdown of which one to clean)

3: restart your PC and re-install with this driver: http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/117918

4: Download and install ''HDD health'' from: http://panterasoft.com/hdd-health/ and show me a screenshot of your HDD's analysis results.

5: run a full malware/antivirus scan

By the way, it's good that you keep troubleshooting as most users would be 1) incapable of following all steps or 2) would've already stopped trying

Edited by Dutchman101
  • Like 1
  • MTA Anti-Cheat Team

Open commandprompt (cmd) as admin and type: ''chkdsk /F /V /R /X /B /spotfix'' then it will ask to schedule on next reboot, hit ''Y'' and enter, so it will.

Restart your PC and let the disk scan proceed.

After it's done, and your PC is booted up again, please re-download the chipset driver I earlier mentioned: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/chipset?os=Windows+10+-+64

Then try to install it again and see if the error for driver update still pops up. If it does and it wont install using AMD setup, take these steps to do it manually:

1) go to Device Manager and click the category ''IDE ATA/ATAPI CONTROLLERS''

2) rightclick the ''AMD SATA CONTROLLER'' or generic SATA controller device and click the ''Driver'' tab

3) click ''Update driver'' on the device driver tab, and pick ''Choose from a custom location on my PC''

4) pick ''choose from a list'' and then click the ''Browse'' button, and here put in the AMD chipset driver extracted files location:

C:\AMD\Chipset\Packages\Drivers\SBDrv\hseries\AHCI\WB64A    (exact..)

Now, press Next on the first compatible driver that is auto-highlighted, so it will update the driver. Restart your PC. Dont forget to tell me the results on lagspikes afterwards.

Also please tell me what's the device name under ''Storage controllers'' for something with SATA or ATA in its name, if the category is present besides ''IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers'' in Device manager grid.

When you completed all steps, please generate a new MTADiag log and share it.

Btw, I'm starting to run out of solutions and we're clearly working with an OS that's somehow bugged and some fishy stuff is going on that we're trying to break through, so soon I will be advising you to re-install Windows, if this won't fix it.

It can also be your harddisk is not in bad condition but even just slow for a conventional HDD, if you can get your hands on one, please share a benchmark result of speeds. Do you happen to have another harddisk lying around that you can add as secondary, just create an empty partition on it and move the GTA SA installation to it, as means of a test if better reading speeds improve the spikes?

Edited by Dutchman101
  • Like 1

This is my device manager: http://imgur.com/a/rIXb2

Step 4 cannot find that same directory after I went to update driver manually.

I dont have any other hard disk I have one in my pc and I seperated it in two partitions. One for system one for games. Gta is currently in larger one because I put all games there.

Edited by Getrag
  • MTA Anti-Cheat Team
4 hours ago, Getrag said:

This is my device manager: http://imgur.com/a/rIXb2

Step 4 cannot find that same directory after I went to update driver manually.

You simply need to pick only the ''Standard SATA AHCI Controller'' listed in your screenshot, and take all steps to manually install the driver from there on, as I described (install driver from folder, choose from list etc) please do so and let me know

22 minutes ago, Gourmet. said:

That's really strange, but disabling Windows Defender completely fixed all of those issues.

I did it through registry.

http://www.download3k.com/articles/How-to-Turn-Off-Windows-Defender-Permanently-in-Windows-10-01350 - use the method 1

Didnt really change anything. I think its my crappy hardware if it cant run mta smooth. Maybe bottleneck too.

Edited by Getrag