A few questions about making changes after 0.3r2

I was back from playing 0.3r2, and was wondering about these things.

Why was the spaz removed?

Why was the robber spawn relocated? It decreased the use of the 1st island.

Why were the VCN maverick and the Black maverick removed?

Why was the mexican given less M60 ammo?

Why was the M60 given less damage?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why was the spaz removed?

It was felt to be drastically overpowered and caused some instability on the side.

Why was the robber spawn relocated? It decreased the use of the 1st island.

To match the other spawn changes.

Why were the VCN maverick and the Black maverick removed?

Vehicles are usually changed a little each release, moved, replaced etc.

Why was the mexican given less M60 ammo?

We felt he had too much.

Why was the M60 given less damage?

We felt it did too much.

Mr. Bump u can't decrease ammo and power its totally unfair u should of left the ammo the same and decrease the power thats why MExican sucks Ammo, only thing that people spawn mex for is the Chainsaw

Well, I guess it was because of the abuse of the mexican being used so much. It was overdone though. Decreasing ammo and damage makes the spawn weak, and since it was overdone, it is the weakest of all of them IMO. It wouldn't solve anything, it would just get ditched.

Mr. Bump u can't decrease ammo and power its totally unfair

As far as I recall these two things happened seperately, in different releases. Ammo first then later, damage. I don't play the out of date versions any more so I could be mis-remembering.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't 0.4.1 disallow the switch glitch? If so, why was it brought back in 0.5?

Your question could be phrased better, it gives the impression that a glitch was deliberately re-introduced, where it most obviously wasn't.

If your question is 'how come some things that were previously fixed were broken again in 0.5?' Then I guess the answer is this particular beta release included some attempts to address additional glitch issues, attempts that didn't work too well in hindsight and caused other problems (as is so often the case). But this is the beauty of beta releases, they are designed to show up problems and assist the development of a final version. (And of course it means you get to play it months, sometimes years early, no matter how incomplete or unfinished it is)

I

Frankly Gunny I'm shocked that a large established gang would have a member who was so vocally in favour of one of the worst glitches used by players to get a wholly unfair advantage over most others. The warp you induce when you blatantly exploit the switch glitch is tantamount to cheating in my book and leaves any player who does not wish to resort to dissapearing and appearing at total random and changing combat into some game of chance rather than skill, totally exposed and unable to compete.

You of course can sit in a 0.5 server after future MTA's are released, safe in the knowledge that anyone who has not noticed an updated version will be easy pickings for you as you warp around them and convince them you are nothing but a cheat.

Mr. Bump u are so wrong, all good stubby players switch weapons right after shooting or in shooting to take off as fast as possible. All established gangs, established players. So why would they keep me out if everyone does it?? Why don't u try going into UVA server or Smokers or some other server and spawn robber and watch how others play????

if I didn't use the glitches I would get owned its part of MTA and being in a clan u got to use it. Besides u got to have these glitches some of them mainly fast moving stubby to make the game worth playing, there is nothing wrong with the switch glitch whatsoever it practically saves the game for some stubby lovers. Actually what i said if robber died which will happen if u removed every possible way to move fast with stubby there is sailor and cop left.

if I didn't use the glitches I would get owned its part of MTA and being in a clan u got to use it. Besides u got to have these glitches some of them mainly fast moving stubby to make the game worth playing, there is nothing wrong with the switch glitch whatsoever it practically saves the game for some stubby lovers. Actually what i said if robber died which will happen if u removed every possible way to move fast with stubby there is sailor and cop left.

If it was glitchless, why can't you practice using it the right way? Are you saying a stubby with glitches is better than one without glitches?