Cefweb.dll crash, doesnt let me join a server

Skiizion

Question

Hey! I recently launched my game up after some time. I was pumped with joy, although it died straight after when I realised I couldnt join a server because some file called Cefweb crashed the game. I tried reinstalling GTA sa and MTA itself athough it didnt solve anything. Besides that I tried turning the web browser off in game too. This happend to crash my game as soon as I clicked the actual setting. I'd appreciate some expert to look into this as I have no clue how to fix this issue.

Thanks in advance,
Skiizion

7 answers to this question

I have realised that whenever the game crashes it says "CefWeb, acces denied". I have given up on trying things out myself and hope you guys know the cause of this error. If anything is needed like the MTAdiag and what not. Tell me I will post it here. Yes I do have a possession of a Anti Virus

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team

1) Uninstall MTA (and manually completely delete the MTA San Andreas 1.5 install folder)

2) Temporarily disable your anti-virus/malware software (might silently quarantine cef files because of false positive.. or check Quarantaine or detected items first)

3) Re-download & reinstall MTA but in a different, non-default directory (don't deselect anything, keep complete install)

4) Before launching, rightclick MTA installation folder > properties > security tab, 'Edit' and select Full control over all checkboxes for ''Users'' group/and or your account name

Try all that and let me know.

I've seen several cases so far where cefweb.dll exists but is inaccessible for MTA, and what they share in common: systems all run AVG antivirus. My theory would be that you toggled all warnings for security threats to be silent (never pop out visibly when blocked) and that AVG is blocking because of a false-positive. So please make sure to follow step 2 properly, disable AVG completely for now. I know of one guy that likely hasn't: https://forum.multitheftauto.com/topic/94197-my-mta-crashes

Edited by Dutchman101

I'll go ahead and do that now. I'll reply with anything that happens right after. Am I supposed to reboot my computer as well? If you say it's AVG which causes the problem I can just completely get rid of the program although I'd need a new free anti virus

I have completely disabled AVG antivirus, yet it still gives me an error. I am deleting the actual anti virus to make sure nothing is running on the background or what so ever just to be extra certain. I hope it will solve the issue after that is done. I'll keep you up to date.