[Question] About 'refresh'

#Kz

Hello Dears! Like to always thanks for every helpful answers.

I've a new question about 'refresh' (MTA: SA CMD or MTA Server.exe). when i using refresh, it will be detected new resource and new files included. i think Wiki said it's can be for updating an resource even after file changes it can be work .. but! when i wanna use it for updating (script changes and other ..) after that command prompt will not display any message and resource will be not make any changes. now my question! 'refresh' command is for detecting new/deleted resources only or even can be used for updating (detect changes on a resource)?

[Sorry for my bad English, Thanks for watching this topic].

According to wiki using the 'refresh' command only searches for new resources to add or deletes ones which aren't there anymore. 

Using the 'refresh all' command restarts changed resources and also does everything that the 'refresh' command does. 

https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/Server_Commands#refresh

But i always restart each resource manually after changing something in it just to be sure + some resources actually require to be restarted manually for changes to apply. 

• Like 2

what? Refresh is not meant to restart your resource edited files, it only detects new added and/or deleted files that has been added or removed. To apply new script changes you have to use console command restart syntax: <restart yourresourcenamehereit also can be used ingame but you will need acl admin for that.

Edited by Fist
  • Like 1

Refresh does restart a running resource if the meta has changed (or something like that).

That can be dangerous if you don't want it to restart out of the sudden.

In my opinion refreshall should usually not be used since it will make the server lag for quite some time depending on how many resource you have.

Instead you could rather restart the whole server. Takes about the same time and will make sure you don't get into troubles after a longer time of running.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_aging

• Like 1
10 hours ago, koragg said:

According to wiki using the 'refresh' command only searches for new resources to add or deletes ones which aren't there anymore. 

Using the 'refresh all' command restarts changed resources and also does everything that the 'refresh' command does. 

https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/Server_Commands#refresh

But i always restart each resource manually after changing something in it just to be sure + some resources actually require to be restarted manually for changes to apply. 

Thank you.

12 hours ago, Oussema said:

edit your code then restart the script 

until today i used 'restart' command, anyway thank you about it.