Gang Thread Option

[KFC]KungFu

Should gangs have an option to keep a stickied and locked thread in this forum  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Should gangs have an option to keep a stickied and locked thread in this forum

• Yes
    • No

Should the forum allow gangs to have the option to make a gang topic and have it locked and stickied as a sign to point to thier forum/server/site instead of having a live thread in this forum?

With this option noone would be forced to have a locked thread. Only gangs (like KFC) who don't want to have thier threads deleted every 40 pages would just have one post in their topic pointing new players to our own forum and servers. The topic would have to be stickied naturally since there would be no way to *bump* it

For people who are not behind this...

You would not be forced to have your thread locked. The stickied ones would just idle up there quite and dead and you can spam away in your threads all you want.

Also, If for some reason you lost your forum or you found noone was coming to see you, you could always ask for it to be unlocked and spam away...

the only issue i see coming up from this is the question of who decides which gangs get stickied. a quick glance down the page shows dozens of gangs that came and went in a day.

Honeslty it;s not hard to see which gangs should get a sticky, but from the point of view of the unstickied people, it's just elitist.

the only issue i see coming up from this is the question of who decides which gangs get stickied. a quick glance down the page shows dozens of gangs that came and went in a day.

Honeslty it;s not hard to see which gangs should get a sticky, but from the point of view of the unstickied people, it's just elitist.

FFS don't u read posts above u ????? The gangs that been around a while

The only thing in favor of the older, established gangs is that they are more likely going to want this... but you can't make this the brass ring or every gang will want to make thier gang stickied as a sign they made it into some sort of MTA endorsed "hall of fame"

Please remember that you only get 1 gang thread so you can't have 1 locked and sticky and one normal

Why not just 1 thread with details from said leaders, like the old (worthless now) alliances thread? I mean if you are trying to attract people from this forum, might as well have one topic and keep them all short and sweet (and absolutely no other posts).

I wont call it advertisement though, because I think there has been a wanting for a long time to move gangs away from official forums.

You have my support for this idea.

Perhaps a 'Daily' thread for all MTA issues not related to specific gangs. ?

The sticky idea though, is a good one :idea:

EDIT: Best make the sticky order alphabetical, to avoid arguments over who get's nearer the top.

I don't mind being at the bottom :oops:

• 1 year later...