[TDM/RPG] DMC - Desert Clan Warfare [ENGLISH]

-- Server in development --

There are so many servers out there. Call of duty, simple TDM servers, it's time for a change. I will present to all of you something that has never been done before: It's time to take matters in your own hand. Time to decide who fights along you, and who fights against you. Time to make your own clan bigger than any. I present to you, Desert Clan Warfare.

The server is still in a very early phase of development. Therefor please don't expect it anytime soon, but I'm aiming at releasing at least this year. I'm making plans on how to develop it exactly, and what the details exactly are. I'll post progress updates through the time if anything special happens.

I've made a brief explanation about what the server exactly is. I'm continuously updating it, that's why I've wrote it in a live documents file.
It can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uCQ9VrN06DGxls28UVMBu-P-YG83UiSDDmYm-uMr-7s/edit?usp=sharing

I'd love to hear your opinions, that really motivates me. Together --> Bigger --> Better. Suggestions are appreciated.

Anyway, I hope to see you on the battlefield!

- Marty

Edited by marty000123
  • Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

-- Desert Clan Warfare Update --

We have already made some nice progress on the server, and we are continuously updating the server.

The server is currently in pre-alpha stage. For those who are wondering when the server will release, we have no release date planned yet. This may take months.
It will take about 1 month to go from pre-alpha to alpha. When the server enters alpha (means when the basics of the server are finished), we will go to (closed) alpha stage. The server will be locked. Then we will add more stuff to the server, making it more enjoyable. When we think we're ready, we will launch the (open) BETA stage. Players can have a look and give feedback. Then after a while, the server will go into a (closed) pre-launch stage. We will finish the last stuff then release the server. After the server releases, we will not throw in random updates just like we are doing on The Zombie Invasion, but we will announce updates like 1.1, 1.2 et cetera. I hope you're all hyped for the server, we'll try and make it very fun!

You can visit our community website at www.darkmooncommunity.com. You can find any information regarding the server and community over there and on it's forum.

Edited by marty000123
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mydilan said:

I will wait for this server, can I ask you what kind of game mode it provides? Thanks.

It's a mix of RPG and TDM. There are 3 teams that fight each other, and players can create their own clans that also fight each other. So basically it's a massive TDM. But I'll try and bring also a lot of RP / RPG elements into it, to not make it just a simple MTA TDM server, but to give players actually a feeling that THEY ARE the soldiers. That THEY ARE fighting to survive, fighting for domination in a destroyed environment, with limited possibilities and role-play, to keep it simple. That is my goal. 

Extra information: This server will be English (no other languages will be supported, just like on TZI) however it's allowed to speak in other languages. You won't bother anyone as global chat is by default disabled. Only radio chat is global, but this is limited.

We are still developing the server if some people are wondering if this is a dead project. Due to exams, the development basically stagnated now, but we'll keep aiming at 11 September, our first release date.

Updates including trailers and teasers will be posted. Once the server releases, this topic will probably close/be removed, and a new one will start including explained and detailed server information. I hope to see you all on the battlefield!

• Like 1