Nature of Core Servers

Guest majaka

Just wondering what kind of set-up the MTA:Blue server will have.

ie: The old core servers seemed to just set up a 'link' between other computers and yours, but you were still essentially just playing in your own GTA 3 / VC game. Thats why things didn't update when you joined a game in progress and why a lot of synching problems arose.

Please throw any techno-jargon my way, but just a brief explanation of the 'nature' of the server/client interactions will do.

::Hope this hasn't already been answered, I didn't search before posting and I know I should have. Feel free to correct me on my analysis of your current core setup as well. Thanks for your time and keep up the good work::

The blue server can be as inteligent or generic as the mod developer wants. In the end, its probably never going to be as inteligent as a game developed specially for multiplayer, as collision/hit detection is hard to do server side.

The blue server can be as inteligent or generic as the mod developer wants. In the end, its probably never going to be as inteligent as a game developed specially for multiplayer, as collision/hit detection is hard to do server side.

But will the mod still primarily be client-side like with the previous core? I always thought it would be but your last sentence implies otherwise.