Questions For Teh pplz makin Blu

A few questions, if you can't answer, just tell me, and don't worry, none of the questions is "LIEK< OMG< WHEN R U D()()DS GONNA REALEASE?!?!?!!!11eleventeen" :P

1. Any Chance we could see a set of busses? I know a lot of the MTA community would die @ the site of 2-3 busses behind the malibu. Also, any chance you guys could make the busses seat more than 4 ppl?

2. Do you guys have any official comments to the ppl who are going to riot about the Re-realease of the Spaz? ( Personally, I think it's a gr8 Idea )

3. Any official comments on what you guys think about the stability of the boats? Will it be synced enough to say, shoot another person, from your boat, or shoot their boat till it blows?

4. Any chance at all that we could add a Blue Police Cheetah inside that "box' area behind the biker bar? I mean, that place is begging for a car. And a police cheetah does kinda fit the role. Thoughts?

5. Any chance we may see sniper guns? ( I haven't heard much about this, so forgive me if I've missed a post that says yes or no )

That's all for now. Thanks Much MTA Crew. You guys pwnz0re 8)

I don't know what "mta blue" is going to be like but I just hope that they fixed a lot of bugs and simplified the ping (simplified = smoothes the ping). I really hope that "mta blue" has a better anti-modding system and more guns.

I don't know what "mta blue" is going to be like but I just hope that they fixed a lot of bugs and simplified the ping (simplified = smoothes the ping). I really hope that "mta blue" has a better anti-modding system and more guns.

Simplified ping? The ping in mta right now is simple already, 1 byte ping 6 byte reply.. I think you meant lower ping.

Blue will have a form of modability called Spearhead or something, see the SDK section of mtablue.info.

Unfortunately you will need experience in the programming language C++ to be able to actually develop any "mods". As far as custom handling files / etc goes, I haven't seen any of that confirmed.

Simplified ping? The ping in mta right now is simple already, 1 byte ping 6 byte reply.. I think you meant lower ping.

Blue will have a form of modability called Spearhead or something, see the SDK section of mtablue.info.

Unfortunately you will need experience in the programming language C++ to be able to actually develop any "mods". As far as custom handling files / etc goes, I haven't seen any of that confirmed.

well as i see the code, i dont think it will be quite as hard as developing full fledged applications..

it looks more like a scriping language using the MSVC++ compiler.

(to me anyway)

No, you're wrong, Spearhead is the code name for the server. Although creating mods themselves will require C++ knowledge (to some extent), it'll be very possible for other people to make mods that allow settings to be changed in config files, or even implement a basic scripting language... Custom files of any type (appart from the gta exe) are supported.

No, you're wrong, Spearhead is the code name for the server. Although creating mods themselves will require C++ knowledge (to some extent), it'll be very possible for other people to make mods that allow settings to be changed in config files, or even implement a basic scripting language... Custom files of any type (appart from the gta exe) are supported.

i wonder why not the .exe?

probably some sort of security exploiting possible, if that were allowed.

in any case, i hope somone does come up with a scripting language...

because i really suck at C++ but the, i have all summer (assuming blue is relesed....im voting for this winter) to try and catch up.

Well this is new to me. Scripting langauges... How about vbscript? I guarantee you'll see a lot more developing if you make way for such an easily syntaxed language like vbscript.

I've always thought the only form of modding that will take place would be the whole C++/sdk thing. Its nice to know there will be other types etc.. but that brings me to another topic..

I'm assuming the client will download the server "mods" on connecting. Well who's to say any old hacker couldn't force the client to download their own "mods" from a seperate url? This is just a question out of curiousity, have you pondered on security yet?

Well this is new to me. Scripting langauges... How about vbscript? I guarantee you'll see a lot more developing if you make way for such an easily syntaxed language like vbscript.

I've always thought the only form of modding that will take place would be the whole C++/sdk thing. Its nice to know there will be other types etc.. but that brings me to another topic..

I'm assuming the client will download the server "mods" on connecting. Well who's to say any old hacker couldn't force the client to download their own "mods" from a seperate url? This is just a question out of curiousity, have you pondered on security yet?

wrong, apperantly it will give you a URL and you will have to DL it yourself :roll:

Servers won't download mods when you connect, as we've said many times. Many mods will come with custom assets, and the size would make it impractical to use game servers as file servers for them. You'll download them from a site, then install them, just as you would with a mod for half-life or UT or whatever.

If someone wants to build VBScript into an addon they're more than welcome to. It'd be hard work I think, but it could be very rewarding in the end. I don't think its somthing we'd do ourselves - we've got a lot more planned for the future.

s0beit: You can't mod the exe because you could end up messing up the interface with it. Theres no reason you'd want to mod the exe anyway, appart from cheating. If theres anything that requires you to mod the exe that we don't support, we'll do our best to implement it.

Servers won't download mods when you connect, as we've said many times. Many mods will come with custom assets, and the size would make it impractical to use game servers as file servers for them. You'll download them from a site, then install them, just as you would with a mod for half-life or UT or whatever.

well acually thats for massive mods, i dont see why little handling changes from a server and small files liek that couldnt be downloaded from a server.

like HL2 HL1, UT, and any fps in history....dont be afraid to use winsock too much lol.

Perhaps you should keep MTABlue.info up to date with all this information, that would save people like me who don't bother reading every single topic from repeating previously asked questions.

It'd be up to the mod author if they downloaded the handling or anything else they wanted from the server.

I'm still one concerned about security.. the server will basically ask the client if it's installed mods match the server's installed mods? What if the client was hacked to reply a 'yes' in any 'no' situation?

I'll say again that these are merely questions out of curiousity, I'm interested in Blue's anti-cheat system and just how sure everyone can be that hacks similiar to 0.3, 0.4, and 0.5 won't be done all over again.

"I'm still one concerned about security" (posted by JacoB).

I am very concerned about security matters. Mta Blue says u can play with mods, that will start hacking and crap like that and maybe start viruses for mta blue. I really hope mta blue creators think about this problem and try to put up a type of firewall that will block unwanted mods or miscellanies files.

"I'm still one concerned about security" (posted by JacoB).

I am very concerned about security matters. Mta Blue says u can play with mods, that will start hacking and crap like that and maybe start viruses for mta blue. I really hope mta blue creators think about this problem and try to put up a type of firewall that will block unwanted mods or miscellanies files.

dont worry about it.

We won't be putting up any type of firewall.

Mods won't download automatically. You will have to download them from the website of the mod creator. Therefore, you are responsible for the content you install.

-Derek

Is some guy really gonna be bothered to make a mod that works for every type of MTA mod? I suppose they could make a global one but somethings probably being done to make sure thats not possible (perhaps users doing something themselves for the mods they make?).

Lets not forgot if any type of game is legal I suppose the thing to be worried about is people who like to have 'god mode', because obviously you can't have everyone having god mode. Well, at least it should be much easier to judge (if nothing else) if BLUE is as good as its hyped up to be.

I don't know where peope got the idea that Blue would automatically download mods from. It doesn't say it on mtablue.info and the devs have been saying for a long time that you will download mods from a web site, which makes it much easier to verify the source.

When you download anything off the internet, be it a piece of software, a game demo or a modification for a game like half-life(2) - you risk downloading a virus with it. The best way to ensure you aren't downloading a virus is to get a virus scanner, but of course you can use common sense - are other people playing the mod? Big mods like CS etc aren't exactly going to have viruses with them - they're propper mods. The same applies to MTA mods - if the mod is popular, its very unlikely to have anything that would damage your computer.

i think i finally figured it out....

it (the mod) will be like HL2 modifications...

see "Plan Of Attack" or "Source Forts"

where it *should* include a installer file...and be relitivley easy to install.

they whole pack will be downloaded, and placed in the GTAVC dir (in abother folder probably...or MTA dir..)

then, it will easy to play...

at least, thats the impression i got.

there is no need to download third party mods from the server...

any part of it.