Blackscreen after quit

OfficerJustin

Question

Hello people,

I was playing MTA before on Windows 7 and didn't experienced any kind trouble.

But now I upgraded on Windows 10 some weeks ago and now I decided to download MTA again.

When I'm in the main menu and when I click on Settings, my game will freeze for like half a minute, after this everythings working fine.

But when I close the game then (also when I dont click on settings), then both of my screens will turn black and I have to shut down my pc manually.

But when I press the button the screen who shows "Shutting Down..." is also fully black, on both screens.

And I hate to restart my pc, because he always freeze in the bios so it takes like 15 minutes till hes going further to windows.

If someone could help me there, I would really appreciate it.

Yours sincerely - Justin

I'll also get a blackscreen when I close MTA with my taskmanager.

I also tried it with 2 different download links for GTA, it seems to be MTA itself.

4 answers to this question

Did you do a fresh W10 installation or did you just upgrade from W7? I strongly advise you to do fresh installation of it as otherwise you'll have major issues arising, such as the 15 minute restart that you mentioned (my friend had the same issue before).

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team

It's a problem with mostly recent ATI drivers/a historic Windows 10 update and I've also had it, you gotta use borderless mode, or workaround by holding the Windows start key on your keyboard, and press ''P'' simulaneously. Then press Arrow down and after each press, hit Enter. After a few presses you'll hit a screen projector mode that will fix your display, and the black screen goes away. The reason is these steps reset dwm.exe, which is the culprit.

When you remember these steps correctly, fixing your display output after quitting MTA is a matter of 3 seconds, but to prevent this annoying problem you can simply use Borderless mode.