MtaClient error message

Guest rick_wilks

When ever I go to open MtaClient.exe it says it has generated errors and will be closed by windows. What could be going on? I have windows 2000 and I check the dont get thin an it's set too one.

Freeze when client tries to display dialog asking for game path

There have been a couple of occurence of this, and we'd be interested to see why this is. You can avoid it by manually setting the path in the mta.ini in your game folder (not windows folder anymore). If you have this problem, can you please create a system info profile (Start -> Run -> "systeminfo > c:\sysinfo.txt") (no quotes) then email me the file sysinfo.txt on your c: drive (email is eAi[at]opencoding[dot]net).

For Vice City, your mta.ini should contain (replace the path if necessary):

[Game-VC]
Version=0
Location=C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City\gta-vc.exe

My MTA folder doesn't show anything that goes by, MTA.ini I tried reinstalling three times and it still doesn't show. I'm using this for GTA:3. I also have MTA for gta3 installed on two other computers and it works fine. I'm trying to install it on this other comp. because I originall ran it on an hp with an amd k6-2 and the game is not recomended for this type of cpu. Would copying the mta.ini from a working comp to the one that doesn't work, work?

I searched for the file and couldn't find it. But I just opened and it worked. Don't know why, but dang glad it works. Thank you fellas.