Video Memory Shit

Guest Whittinghill

NL: Telkens als ik een game wil in MTA starten zegt hij:

ENG: If i try to start a game in MTA he says this:

Grand Theft Auto VC cannot find enough available video memory

Hey

Thnx for help but it does not work i deleted a couple of games but he stil says the same meby i have to restart my computer..... :lol: And how do i change desktop depth to 16 bits???

Edited by Guest

Sounds like you have onboard graphics. The memory for onboard graphics gets taken out of your system memory so if you're running applications that use up a lot of memory (e.g. MTA and GTA at the same time), you'll get less video memory left over for the graphics.

Solution: buy more RAM or better still, buy a graphics card. Trust me, you'll really notice a difference.

Edit: Btw, if you want a solution that doesn't involve spending money, try closing all unnecessary applications when running MTA (e.g. stuff in the system tray).

Sometimes you can specify in the BIOS how much RAM (memory) should be converted to (onboard) Video RAM. If you are unfamiliar with changing BIOS settings, do not attempt it. Ask someone to do it for you.

Or simply buy a graphics card.

I got the same problem, had it for a few weeks and just noticed the thread.

Difference is, this system has been running the game fine for over 18 months, then this occured after a reformat.

I've checked all the BIOS settings etc, latest drivers, Direct X, but i still have it.

XP is also unstable and has been after at least 10 formats.

I'm guessing my GFX card is ill ?

Or a power issue :cry:

Difference is, this system has been running the game fine for over 18 months, then this occured after a reformat.

I've checked all the BIOS settings etc, latest drivers, Direct X, but i still have it.

XP is also unstable and has been after at least 10 formats.

I'm guessing my GFX card is ill ?

Or a power issue :cry:

Definitely a hardware problem. I had a similar issue when one of my RAM modules was screwed.

You could try reseating the memory and all expansion cards (i.e. taking them out and putting them back in) because sometimes when you put a new card in, other cards can become dislodged slightly. I've had problems with that before.

I had this problem or something very similar. Here's what you do. Go into 'My Documents' and go into the folder where all your vice city saved game files are. There should be some other file in there called 'gta_vc.set'. I think it has to do with what your graphic settings are for the game or something like that. Delete it, then run the game and all should be fine.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...