is it possible to cancel 'onClientPlayerWeaponFire' ?

Fist

as title says, is it possible to cancel event onClientPlayerWeaponFire or onPlayerWeaponFire ? Tried both of them to cancel with cancelEvent but didn't work.

p.s: toggleControl is not solution for me, i want to play tick sound when player has 1 ammo. ( that 1 ammo would be fake bullet that ) and if i just toggle off fire control then i can't play that sound 'cause there would be no way to know when player wants to fire. Atleast i think that way.

here is code what i tried with.

addEventHandler("onClientPlayerWeaponFire",localPlayer,function()
	if (getPedTotalAmmo(localPlayer) <= 1) then cancelEvent(); end
end);

2 hours ago, Fist said:

as title says, is it possible to cancel event onClientPlayerWeaponFire or onPlayerWeaponFire ? Tried both of them to cancel with cancelEvent but didn't work.

p.s: toggleControl is not solution for me, i want to play tick sound when player has 1 ammo. ( that 1 ammo would be fake bullet that ) and if i just toggle off fire control then i can't play that sound 'cause there would be no way to know when player wants to fire. Atleast i think that way.

here is code what i tried with.

if (getPedTotalAmmo(localPlayer) <= 1) then cancelEvent(); end
end);

if (getPedTotalAmmo(localPlayer) <= 1) then 
      cancelEvent()
    end
end)

Just now, kewizzle said:

if (getPedTotalAmmo(localPlayer) <= 1) then 
      cancelEvent()
    end
end)

Why you give me same code that i wrote only differently sorted?

1 minute ago, kewizzle said:

the use of ";" isnt needed

i know that, it's just preference. I like code better how it looks with ";" and neither way it's not incorrect. Please, don't spam this topic if you don't know how solve this issue. You're not making any point here.

1 hour ago, Fist said:

i know that, it's just preference. I like code better how it looks with ";" and neither way it's not incorrect. Please, don't spam this topic if you don't know how solve this issue. You're not making any point here.

im working on a code for you...

20 minutes ago, kewizzle said:

refer to this topic.

toggle control still allows you to play a tick sound.

Please, close this topic and never open it again.

p.s i found different solution without using toggleControl and canceling event on fire.