[Show]J Bot Path Finder

15 hours ago, CodyJ(L) said:

This is a script that allows NPCs to find their own roads and paths without any predefined locations, all that is required is proper material mapped road Cols, and you're set.

Currently, it's in really early stages, thus it's prone to wrecks, but even since this video I've vastly improved it.

Video of it in action (Excuse the low quality, I have a crappy computer)

By using multiple rays it's able to guide itself around tracks at a reasonable speed unlike previous attempts by other people this one is based off material type meaning as long as grass, rock, or something else other than a road surrounds the track it can find its way without walls.

In the future, it could allow dynamic NPC races with little to no setup.

u56P55H.jpg

Nice one actually, i've tried it myself and yeah this method is good for racing NPC's but making them actually use the GTA Paths are something i didn't quite understand yet due the fact my knowledge about this is pretty low.But how determine which side it should go, based on distance of of the element the line hit or?

Working on a new one that's stupidly advanced, basically maps out the environment around it

Though this one's just a concept design, I'm not sure how it'll hold up around canyon walls and what not, because it triggers a control to steer the other way if it cannot find anything, meaning a huge mess.

UDJMXr3.png

tSQmbeC.png

Edited by CodyJ(L)

Next update will include the bots being able to choose which direction they go at 3+ ways, so if they get to a 4 way or something they can choose either to go straight, left, or right. Also going to make it so it memorizes its route and sends info to other bots to ensure they don't end up colliding.

• 3 months later...