MTA San Andreas

the PS2 version had multiplayer option.. I know the xbox will.. they will probably still have it in the PC version just not availble.

Yes, but the PS2 had multiplayer on the same machine. They had no kind of netcode at all.

Also, as MTA:SA will be running from the Blue core, they'll obviously have to have the core finished before they can start work on it and that may not happen until several months after the release of SA.

I'm gonna buy the xbox version then by the time I beat the story mode on the xbox I'm guessing that MTA for the PC version should be out...

It has built in multiplayer so they should be able to crack it....

The XBOX and PC versions come out on the same day.

Edit: MAD_BOY just brought to my attention that he's talking about MTA not GTA :oops:

My comment above is about GTA: San Andreas - I very much doubt that MTA: San Andreas for the XBOX will ever be made, but if it is, it would certainly be out a long time after the PC version.

• 2 weeks later...

ive never played on mta servers b4 cause i dotn have any of the games for pc but im looking at getting gta sa when the price goes down to maybe 40$ or so cause i want to play mta and hopefully they will have it ready by then

We will never make MTA for XBox or any console. Doing so would be illegal without a license from Microsoft, which I somehow doubt we could afford (or justify). It would also be a huge ammount of work and quite probably not even possible.

Meanwhile, enjoy MTA on PC :)

Yes, but the PS2 had multiplayer on the same machine. They had no kind of netcode at all.

That's funny.. Netcode is normally referred to as a programmer's term for "network code", surely you know a network can be used both locally AND remotely?? The term "netcode" can be as simple as transfering the data inputted from the controller to the console. It varies, depending on what form you're talking about.

If something has co-op "coded in" (most likely found with a dissasembler) then this increases the chance of a multiplayer modification a lot. In fact, the PC version of Vice has some form of multiplayer code in it (probably was for a co-op) that I'm sure Blue will take advantage of.

That's funny.. Netcode is normally referred to as a programmer's term for "network code", surely you know a network can be used both locally AND remotely?? The term "netcode" can be as simple as transfering the data inputted from the controller to the console. It varies, depending on what form you're talking about.

In that case, you would be saying that even single player games (with no co-op at all) have netcode in which is obviously not true. The data transferred from a controller to the game is a local input rather than network code. No programmer worth their salt would ever consider that netcode.

If something has co-op "coded in" (most likely found with a dissasembler) then this increases the chance of a multiplayer modification a lot. In fact, the PC version of Vice has some form of multiplayer code in it (probably was for a co-op) that I'm sure Blue will take advantage of.

The last time that code was mentioned, an MTA team member said that they had looked at that possibility but dismissed it as it's not useful.

In that case, you would be saying that even single player games (with no co-op at all) have netcode in which is obviously not true. The data transferred from a controller to the game is a local input rather than network code. No programmer worth their salt would ever consider that netcode.

I know.. but the way he put it I didn't hesitate to question his reasoning. "Had no netcode at all" is a bold statement, what I said about a controller was merely speculation emulating an example of a "kind" of netcode that "could" be used... as I said, it varies depending on your method of doing it. In the case of controller>console communication, high chance is they wouldn't use network code to do it, but in PC programming - netcode can be deemed very useful in more situations then multiplayer.

Consider inter-process communication a member of this category. Having an injected DLL communicate with an executable through a localhost socketed connection is considered local netcode, and this is talking about one of the easiest, fastest, and most reliable methods of IPC used today.

The last time that code was mentioned, an MTA team member said that they had looked at that possibility but dismissed it as it's not useful.

I can think of atleast one person who would disagree that "its not useful", and I've talked to him about it & how it works for several hours.. goes by the name of kyeman and his own multiplayer mod is taking huge advantage of existing code within the executable. If I remember correctly, he said a local co-op mode could be developed in as small as 100 lines, and thats in pure C. Whether or not kyeman and this MTA Team member were referring to the same multiplayer code is questionable, I'm not talking about the useless gamespy strings referenced here and there. It gets deeper then that.