Mods not working anymore?

Bonsai

Question

Hey,

is it possible that there was some recent change which causes problems with mods, e.g. vehicles?

Some players on my server saying their mods dont work anymore from one day to another, even though nothing on the server was changed.

We checked the versions of some players and it seems only players with a higher version are affected.

Thanks.

• Like 1

12 answers to this question

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team

To solve this for players on your server, change <allow_gta3_img_mods>none</allow_gta3_img_mods> (in mtaserver.conf) into containing 'vehicles' in that setting. If you already have 'peds' listed, just separate with a bracket: ''peds,vehicles''

See how and when it was changed: https://github.com/multitheftauto/mtasa-blue/commit/38fdbb56f840325f1c4e101b8165b20808a9bfd9

The new description of the config line is: ''By default, the server will block the use of locally customized gta3.img player skins and vehicles''

51 minutes ago, Bonsai said:

is it possible that there was some recent change which causes problems with mods, e.g. vehicles?

So yes, the change is a decision to also block client vehicle mods by default. Server owners now opt whether to allow it or not.

Edited by Dutchman101
  • MTA Team

Locally customized vehicles can cause desync and give players an unfair advantage, so have been disabled by default.

As @Dutchman101 said, you can reenable them by adding 'vehicles' to <allow_gta3_img_mods>, but you will need the latest server.

Linux from here: https://linux.multitheftauto.com/

Windows 64 bit from here: https://nightly.multitheftauto.com/?mtasa_x64-1.5-latest

It seems only people with Multi Theft Auto v1.5.3-release-11204.7.003 are affected by this, I have a friend who has Multi Theft Auto v1.5.3-release-11204, yet his vehicle mods work completely fine. He told me I should uninstall MTA and reinstall it, however I keep getting .7.003 back while my friend did not. Is there any way I can stop MTA from updating to 11204.7.003?

Cheers.

3 hours ago, VaniC said:

This update with disable the mods are useless... pls remove this.. many players complain..

Cheers,

I don't think its useless or should be removed.

Makes it much easier for servers who don't want their players to use mods without having to use additional resources for that.

This should probably be introduced again with a new major version, so server hosters are aware this has changed and they might need to edit their config.

Also it should probably not affect clients that are playing on a server whose version doesn't have this yet.

2 hours ago, Bonsai said:

I don't think its useless or should be removed.

Makes it much easier for servers who don't want their players to use mods without having to use additional resources for that.

This should probably be introduced again with a new major version, so server hosters are aware this has changed and they might need to edit their config.

Also it should probably not affect clients that are playing on a server whose version doesn't have this yet.

+1,

ccw should block any modifition (without kick player) in "gta3 , gta_int" by default in next version "1.5.4" like : ifp , col , txd , dff , ipe , ipl ...... etc

but make it optional in mtaserver.conf if the server owner want to make img mods usable.

NOTE : SD # 20 Should be deleted , it will cause more issues and problems

Edited by ALBANDER
3 hours ago, ALBANDER said:

ccw should block any modifition (without kick player) in "gta3 , gta_int" by default in next version "1.5.4" like : ifp , col , txd , dff , ipe , ipl ...... etc

but make it optional in mtaserver.conf if the server owner want to make img mods usable.

Why should .txd and .dff files be blocked, too? They doesn't affect the game at all. (except the .dff's from the vehicles cause they have the .col file included)
I think it would be better if the server can analyze the .dff's from vehicles and check if they still have the original .col inside. That would allow at least tuned cars.

I'm also using mipmapped textures on MTA. Blocking textures in general would be so useless.

Edited by ~~|Tampon)
  • Like 1
On ٢٠‏/٣‏/٢٠١٧ at 00:16, ~~|Tampon) said:

Why should .txd and .dff files be blocked, too? They doesn't affect the game at all. (except the .dff's from the vehicles cause they have the .col file included)
I think it would be better if the server can analyze the .dff's from vehicles and check if they still have the original .col inside. That would allow at least tuned cars.

I'm also using mipmapped textures on MTA. Blocking textures in general would be so useless.

no , txd's and dff's can cause desync and give players an unfair advantage

i don't know why @ccw said : "Blocking vehicle mods by default is now removed."