GTA:SA

Guest Nitro187

I don't know if this has been mentioned or not already.... but....

Seems how GTA:SA won't have multiplayer, how long after it's release next month do you guys plan on developting MTA for it?

Thanks.

Not asking for release dates.... just curious if the development team is going to start work on it, or "put it on the back burner" till blue is done.

the adaptions won't be as small as you'd like to think.. they'll have a network layer / ingame gui (depending on whether or not san andreas pc will use dx8/dx9, chances are 99% it will) to use, but a great deal of both assembly and memory research will be required to port it from VC to SA. and this isn't exactly a fast process. not saying it will take years or anything, but you have to remember these are two completely different games.

Not asking for release dates.... just curious if the development team is going to start work on it, or "put it on the back burner" till blue is done.

If MTA:SA is running on the Blue core, they'll have to "put it on the back burner" until Blue is complete.

and this isn't exactly a fast process. not saying it will take years or anything, .

I would certainly hope not! :shock::D

And eAi, if you refuse to answer the initial question, could you answer this?

When do you guys "HOPE" to release MTA for San Andreas? I know things often don't go as planned, but what is the general time frame? End of summer? Fall? Winter? 2006?

Can you at least give us that much?

I just hope you fellows realize that the entire GTA PC community is looking to YOU, in hopes they will play SA online this year. You will be hearing that questing a lot, AND WHEN IGN PC, or GAMESPOT, or PC GAMER ect, asks you that same question are you just going to say==

PLEASE DON'T ASK US ABOUT ANY RELEASE DATES?!!! :D:lol:

Could you name but one person who is looking to buy GTA SA for the PC, that does not have the idea of MTA in thier minds? CAN YOU? It is a main reason to buy it over the PS2 and XBOX versions. So much more possibilities over the past 2 games. A much larger world. A diverse world ripe for the taking of online play.

If you absoluty can not give us a release date, not even a HOPE release date, fine. :cry: I just wanted to wake you guys up, to get you off your a$$es, and inspire you to WORK like the community slaves that you are :D

Everyone, get out your whips. :twisted: The target-- Sector 3 of the a$$ quadrent.

You will be hearing that questing a lot, AND WHEN IGN PC, or GAMESPOT, or PC GAMER ect, asks you that same question are you just going to say==

PLEASE DON'T ASK US ABOUT ANY RELEASE DATES?!!!

Yes, we will. We don't give release dates as nobody can possibly know when it will be complete. Now stop asking please.

Could you name but one person who is looking to buy GTA SA for the PC, that does not have the idea of MTA in thier minds? CAN YOU? It is a main reason to buy it over the PS2 and XBOX versions. So much more possibilities over the past 2 games. A much larger world. A diverse world ripe for the taking of online play.

Yup i'm waiting until its out on pc. I have the money saved especially :)

I just hope you fellows realize that the entire GTA PC community is looking to YOU, in hopes they will play SA online this year.

That's not true. There are other mods such as SA-MP, which looks promising.

You will be hearing that questing a lot, AND WHEN IGN PC, or GAMESPOT, or PC GAMER ect, asks you that same question are you just going to say==

PLEASE DON'T ASK US ABOUT ANY RELEASE DATES?!!! :D:lol:

That's what id Software did with Doom 3. It's perfectly acceptable.

You seem to have pulled these "statistics" out of thin air. There are many reasons why people should choose the PC version over the console ones. My main reason is that fact that I don't own (and have no desire to) a console. More reasons: http://www.planetgrandtheftauto.com/fea ... ofchanges/

Ok, so we just sit here now....... Checking every day..... With nothing new to say...... Bored silly.... :cry:

Now I really appreciate the MTA team, you guys are legends. So I won't bother you with more release questions. And you did say PLEASE, so I guess I can't be offended 8) but IMO, it does suck that we have no idea, no hope, no guess even as to when we MIGHT be playing SA online. I hate delays as much as everyone else, but there is this feeling looming over this place.... IT feels like nothing is going on.... ya know what I mean?

Out of thin air? BAH! Who hasn't heard of MTA by now? And who won't be thinking of it when they look at the GTA SA box in stores? Yeah there are many other great reasons to own the PC version over the consols, but the #1 reason for many is the multiplayer.

Ok, so I did exaggerate a bit, but hell you know what I mean. :D

I guess in my moment of extreme boredom, I will have to check out that other SA MP thing you mentioned, but I have my doubts. :roll: