Strange graphics bug

kaevix

Question

I have a graphics bug that randomly occurs at a specific time of the day (usually from 2000-2200 but sometimes even 1900-0200) and the in-game timer lasts from 1200-0300. It legitimately has to do with the time (NOT weather) because when I enter shelter (not interiors, just sheltered areas that block out the sky), or face away from the sky, everything goes back to normal.

I don't play single player and it happens to me when I play MTA, so I'm guessing it happens when I play single player as well. I downloaded timecyc.dat from the mod Always Sunny but it didn't help. Any suggestions? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrJOkbS-WC8

Edited by kaevix

5 answers to this question

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team

Please download, extract and run MTADiag and follow the instructions.

Press 'n' when asked.

Post any Pastebin URL MTADiag gives you in this topic

Do you know if your GTA installation is in any way modded? Also go to MTA settings > Advanced, and make sure Streaming memory slider is set to max.

Does it happen on a particular server or everywhere?

Edited by Dutchman101
On 2017-3-14 at 02:17, Dutchman101 said:

Please download, extract and run MTADiag and follow the instructions.

Press 'n' when asked.

Post any Pastebin URL MTADiag gives you in this topic

Do you know if your GTA installation is in any way modded? Also go to MTA settings > Advanced, and make sure Streaming memory slider is set to max.

Does it happen on a particular server or everywhere?

[snip]

My GTA installation was via Steam. Only timecyc.dat is changed. Streaming memory is already set to max. I only play on Spark's PTPM server.

Edited by Dutchman101
MTADiag log removed on request of TS
On 18/03/2017 at 02:27, Dutchman101 said:

His problem is already solved as he PM'ed me. @kaevix it would be good to also let us know how you fixed it. Was it the timecyc file?

I wouldn't be surprised, because you said: ''It legitimately has to do with the time''

I assume it was the timecyc file because when I reinstalled everything, in the process reverting timecyc to its original file, the bug was shortened in duration from 2 minutes (previously 2000-2200) to 10 seconds (now 2100-2110). It isn't completely gone but I can live with 10 seconds of looking at an orange screen. It seems like it might be the alpha bug affecting time transitioning visuals.

Oh and timecycp.dat isn't used on PC by the way. You can delete that file and nothing will happen.

Edited by kaevix