Whatever happened to Unreal Tournament?

Hawk_Boy

I was cleaning my computer, and I came upon a copy of UT. I completly forgot that I had this game, so I fired it up and started to play it. But when I started to search for servers, there were a bunch of them but there were NO players at all?

What happened to UT?

Well... UT 2003 and UT 2004 were released.

I didn't like UT 2003 much but UT 2004 was just like the original only with extra features and better graphics (some of the old favourite maps were updated for 2004 as well as the re-inclusion of Assault mode) so that probably contributed to its demise.

Or it could be that Epic has taken the master offline because the game is old (that's what Sierra did with Tribes 2). You could try something like Gamespy Arcade to see if people are still playing it.

Yes, sometimes Game Developers stop developing the online gaming just because they released next version of the game > NFS: MCO... it supposed to be a long live only multiplayer game...and now? some pure gaming online Underground's :roll:

Well... UT 2003 and UT 2004 were released.

I didn't like UT 2003 much but UT 2004 was just like the original only with extra features and better graphics (some of the old favourite maps were updated for 2004 as well as the re-inclusion of Assault mode) so that probably contributed to its demise.

Or it could be that Epic has taken the master offline because the game is old (that's what Sierra did with Tribes 2). You could try something like Gamespy Arcade to see if people are still playing it.

:| I still play tribes 2, and sometimes I even play tribes 1..

You can still play it but you can't use the built-in server list (or at least you couldn't last time I tried).

built-in serverlist just works fine here, sure that you weren't using the lan version?

ontopic: bleh, i want ut 2k7

You can still play it but you can't use the built-in server list (or at least you couldn't last time I tried).

built-in serverlist just works fine here, sure that you weren't using the lan version?

Nope. This was a while ago though. Gamespy Arcade was dead for Tribes 2 as well. That's why I stopped playing the game.

On topic: For those who haven't seen them yet:

http://www.3dgamers.com/screenshots/gam ... ltourn2k7/

actually whatever hapened to UT......

heres my hypothesis:

Real gamers prefer half life 2 Deathmatch and cs:s look @ the game-monitor servers filled up 24/7 !!!!

for me , unreal tournament games is like a wanna-be version of half life 1 & 2

thats my opinion you dont have to agree.some people like different things 8)