Si|ent

GTA / MTA Starwars Mod - MTASW

thats a good base for it. once the details are in it'll rock

as long as we're showing off our incomplete work:

pilot.JPG

if i knew how to skin, it would soon be finished, im not against open-sourcing

maybe i post the sketchup (or .3ds version) here?

or can a skinner PM me.

(btw sloth that looks like a cs 1.6 guy, put in in hl1 lol)

like i said, unfinished. the details that make him "starwars" are being added.

A good start hardcore, though we are looking for more accuracy.

Use this as a reference: han-solos-blaster.jpg

An early shot of a Tie-Fighter Pilot skin. The helmet line is proving particularly troublesome.

tfp2.jpg

Got hold of some slighty better textures, but models will need prelighting if they are going to maintain the same colour for ingame:

huthouse27hs.th.jpg

squarehouse1zp.th.jpg

Initial map layout plans:

layoutT.jpg

Click Here for the full sized version. We've layed it out over the Vice City map to give an idea of the scale.

thats a naboo fighter. we are focusing on the original trilogy. not too say it definitly won't be in there, but things like an x-wing or landspeeder take priority.

Well I was thinking of using the Naboo fighter for replacing a helicopter. Hunter most likely since the Hunter is 1 seater. The Naboo fighter would be best for it because its only a 1 seater plane.

Also, I can try to get a coder to help. His name is Spaceeinstein.

Also, I can try to get a coder to help. His name is Spaceeinstein.

He's been involved in the GTA: Liberty City conversion project, so I'd say he'd be very useful if he wants to help.

If the intention is to use this with blue, you're going to want C++ coders.

Some more skins completed in the last 24 hours:

han_solo.jpgc3p0.jpg

xwing_pilot.jpgtwilek.JPG

We've registered a domain as the project is getting too unwieldly for a single forum thread. We just require hosting for the site.

skins are looking good, did you make them from scratch or are you using photos as references or what?

That looks very nice. C3PO looks kinda weird lol

And i've asked Spaceeinstein but he has to do stuff like finishing his All in One Mod before San An comes out.

mtasw%20banner.jpg

i know its crap its just a quick one i ripped up, gonna make some good ones tommorow

Edited by Guest

skins are looking good, did you make them from scratch or are you using photos as references or what?

Both really, They are made from scratch but I tend to download every pertinent image I can of the character I'm modelling, full length images, closeups, and I use them as reference. I believe slothman works in a similar way.

That looks very nice. C3PO looks kinda weird lol

Thats because we are attempting to purely re-skin the current models, as editing and remodelling the actors themselves has all sorts of issues. This means we are restricted to the shapes of body, head, hair and clothing that exist already. I think considering that that C3P0 is pretty cool. ( He looks great in-game )

Brophy: Very nice.

yes, skinning in gta is part recycling the existing skins, part copy-paste from reference material, and about 80% photoshopping. Rockstar was very sloppy with the skins, so skinning is not an easy task.

Site is up, (sort of) Just a bunch of images from all of us showing various WIPs and models at the moment. It's 4am here right now and our american contingent is at the cinema to see you know what, so there will be no work on it tonight. Hopefully we will get something more organised up in the next day or two.

http://www.mtasw.co.uk

Yo i'd like to help - I can model but not skin, but i might be able to get somebody to help me on that. Ill work on Mos-eisly, or naboo - or where would you like?

Vinny: the best thing to do is sit in the IRC channel ( irc://irc.multitheftauto.com/mtasw ), thats where most of the work happens and the decisions are made.

If for any reason you cannot, then work on mos eisley buildings is the main task at the moment other than creating the land itself, which johnline is doing. We have no plans to make naboo or any other prequel area.

Alternatively there are still several vehicles needed.